Author Topic: Eating out around Christchurch (Dorset)  (Read 873 times)

Eating out around Christchurch (Dorset)
« on: 09 June, 2011, 08:46:05 pm »
For work reasons I've got to be in Christchurch for a day or wo - any recommendations for somewhere good to eat out please?

hellymedic

• Just do it!
Re: Eating out around Christchurch (Dorset)
« Reply #1 on: 11 June, 2011, 10:22:43 pm »
For work reasons I've got to be in Christchurch for a day or wo - any recommendations for somewhere good to eat out please?

I'll bite cos nobody else has.
My partner comes from Christchurch and his father still lives there. We've not been back much since David moved to my abode nearly eight years ago.
We were happy at the Bailey Bridge, which is a (?Whitbread) chain restaurant. This is fine if you're not too fussy but is not very special. (We were staying at the adjoining Premier Inn and my mobililty is an issue.)
David also suggested Splinters, which is apparently pricy and posh. It's near the Priory. The Copper Skillet is closed in the evening but may do a good lunch.

Re: Eating out around Christchurch (Dorset)
« Reply #2 on: 12 June, 2011, 12:57:33 pm »
Many thanks, I had identified Splinters, and then worked out that I'd probably end up in a minus profit from my day's work! I may try the Bailey Bridge - usually my client uses Premier Inns - which suits me fine - this time they've gone for a hotel (with "mixed" reviews) - obviously there was a deal on.

Many thanks for the ideas, much appreciated.