Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
The Pub / Re: Tune Association II - Son of Tune Association
« Last post by Bluebottle on Today at 07:33:06 pm »
U.G.L.Y - Daphne and Celeste
Audax / Re: Eric "Merckx" Millington
« Last post by Jethro on Today at 07:32:33 pm »
I believe that Eric rode and finished the first ever Windsor-Chester-Windsor (600k) back in 1976 and 'towed' a group for quite some distance to the finish in the wind and rain of that year.  He was also a good friend of the late Dave Pountney and never had a driving licence so had to ride to and from the events that he entered.

The funeral is next Wednesday 1st May in Albrighton near Wolverhampton.  Please PM me if you wish to attend and I will send you the details.
Further and Faster / Re: New bike for Audax from Halfords.
« Last post by Flite on Today at 07:32:32 pm »
As others have said, use your present bike, gradually increase your milage, and write down what you do or don't like.
It may or may not be worth changing some components, but you will get a better idea of what you want of a new or second-hand bike in due time.
Due to arthritis, I have to ride a bike with flat bars. I find that with very unfashionable bar ends I have just about as many hand positions as with drop bars. You don't have to have a bike with drop handlebars. Observe how many cyclists you see actually riding with their hands on the drops.
I'm never going to be riding long distance again, but up to 100k I can trundle around on my mountain bike.
« Last post by CAMRAMan on Today at 07:29:36 pm »
Ugly Girl - Fiona Apple
« Last post by Robh on Today at 07:29:13 pm »
Country Boy - Dave Bartholomew
« Last post by JefO on Today at 07:26:00 pm »
Material Girl - Madonna
OT Knowledge / Re: Old style razors
« Last post by The Family Cyclist on Today at 07:18:22 pm »
Since starting to wet shave with a safety razor I've used a shaving bar which has worked OK. At Christmas saw a shaving cream in TK max so thought would try. Finally finished the bar and tried the cream last night. Looked a bit like clotted cream and the improvement was massive. Made shaving a pleasure not a chore even with a slightly blunt blade
Further and Faster / Re: New bike for Audax from Halfords.
« Last post by mzjo on Today at 07:07:03 pm »
Good thing about getting involved with a club is that as other riders change bikes, upgrade, have birthdays etc you can get access to a pool of known and cared for secondhand machines. Well worth having ime.
Andy - me and Mrs Socks can help at Clarencefield, we're staying at Newcastleton for a few days then so it's just down the road.

Thanks, I think I've sent you a message via YACF, can you send me an email to my email address, thanks, Andy
There’s a vautour* on the telly!  Yay!

* In London Zoo
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10