General Category > Audax

Hanze 6-9-6 Netherlands (1200 or 2100km)

(1/12) > >>

Ivo:
Hanze 6-9-6

The Hanseatic League, a union of trading cities, synonymous for trade and adventure, for tradesmen  travelling the known world for all kinds of goods, to transport, to trade. Adventurers. All over Northern Europe you can find the traces of these adventurers. While riding the Hanze 6-9-6 you can follow the footprints of these illustrious Hanseatic adventurers.
A first series of Hanseatic Towns we find in the Ijsselvalley. The town of Deventer is our start town. During the first part of the route we visit a number of Hanseatic towns along the rivers, a.o. Venlo and Cologne. A nice flat route through the valleys of the Maas and Rhine. But it doesn't stay that flat, after Cologne we'll leave the Rhine Valley and cut through via a number of beautiful natural parcs to Braunschweig. Before you start, you'll declare your intent, return after Braunschweig to the flatlands and return to Deventer after 1200km, or continue for a whole lot of extra Hanseatic Towns, and only stop after 2100km. If you choose full value, you'll visit 3 famous Hanseatic towns, Rostock, Lübeck and Hamburg. You'll return to Braunschweig after completing this 900km lap through northern Germany.
After Braunschweig all routes continue via Bremen, Oldenburg, Groningen and Zwolle, an easy route, with hardly a hill worth mentioning.

Disclaimer : The indicated route on the map is the preliminary route, after route checking, some small or maybe even larger changes could be made.

For the ease of the riders, there'll be a staffed control at the crossroads of the 3 routes, in or near Braunschweig. Including sleeping options and a drop bag service. The route from the start to the staffed control will be the same for all the riders. After the staffed control, the 2100km riders will do a loop of 900km, netting an extra 120 hours for these 900km. The return 600k will be mainly flat, straight through the Northern German Lowlands, so upgrading to 2100km is certainly worth considering.
We'll welcome the fans of historic adventures early september, in Deventer!

In the following months, we'll add more details of this event on these pages.
Event website: https://randonneurs.nl/hanze-6-9-6/

Start : Saturday, September 7th 2024 @ 09:00

Deano:
Cor, that's quite tempting, Ivo.

aidan.f:
Yes I'm up for it..

L CC:
The 2100 is my target for next year.

Team VC167 ferry?

felstedrider:
I want to ride.   Just need to work my annual leave out as I'm doing LEJoG as well.

My thoughts are to sail from Harwich Thursday night, gentle ride on Friday with a train alternative.   Aim to finish in 7 days but provide some slippage.   I would either book a boat Sunday night back and see if I can get to my home desk by 9 or just book Monday off instead and catch the boat just after lunch.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version