Author Topic: Garmin edge 200  (Read 1209 times)

Garmin edge 200
« on: 24 October, 2016, 01:13:21 pm »
Has anyone an idea of how big a gpx route the edge will hold,was thinking along the lines of a 600 to an LEL.

Many thanks in advance.

JonB

• Granny Ring ... Yes Please!
Re: Garmin edge 200
« Reply #1 on: 24 October, 2016, 10:28:17 pm »
I don't know for sure but probably.  If the file is too big then you could reduce the filesize by reducing the number of trackpoints/waypoints depending on the type of file it is, there are a number of programmes that will do this including Bikehike and Garmin Basemap.  The other point I'd make is that Andy Curran, the guy who recorded the highest audax points total this season and who pulled off an SRRTY including at least one 1400 did so with an Edge 200 (unless he's upgraded recently) and I think he used it for recording and following the 'course'.

frankly frankie

• I kid you not
    • Fuchsiaphile
Re: Garmin edge 200
« Reply #2 on: 25 October, 2016, 10:13:31 am »
It will store more than one route - so it's just a matter of breaking down your big ride into smaller chunks, then switching to the next one at a convenient point (control).  Hint - name your collection of routes starting with a number - so 1-first bit, 2-next bit and so on.
A few Edge models struggle with composite gpx files (containing more than one route or track) meaning you have to load them in advance as separate gpx files - I don't know if the 200 is one of those models or not, it's a bug, most Garmins are just fine with big composite files.
when you're dead you're done, so let the good times roll