Author Topic: Is it true about Velovision ceasing publication?  (Read 2895 times)

Is it true about Velovision ceasing publication?
« on: 13 January, 2017, 04:02:28 pm »
Was told today that it is finishing. Although not a regular subscriber I did purchase to occasional copy that had something of particular interest to me.
Most people tip-toe through life hoping the make it safely to death.
Home

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
Re: Is it true about Velovision ceasing publication?
« Reply #1 on: 13 January, 2017, 04:15:16 pm »
I've been a subscriber almost from the beginning and today read the owner's email saying that the last Velovision had already been published. Decent niche paper publishing seems almost to have run its course.
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #2 on: 14 January, 2017, 10:15:18 am »
Sadly yes, trufax:

Dear Mr Larrington,

It is with a heavy heart I write to you to explain that magazine production stopped in December 2016, after Issue 52. There are several reasons for this, including a gradual reduction in sales, while the time and expense to produce each issue remains as high as ever. At this stage, Velo Vision appears unlikely to continue in either print or digital format, but some new products for review have already been tested and write-ups will probably be published on velovision.com (http://velovision.us13.list-manage.com/track/click?u=54b9d0cc8f1977b47f0359464&id=ed63ebe4e6&e=f0827d4230) .

That I have been forced to conclude the magazine no longer sustains itself in business terms, is despite the fact the product is no less interesting, relevant or accurate. I’m sure many of you will agree with that statement, albeit cold comfort. Some may already be thinking there must be another way to keep it going. Well, I gave it a my best and there’s no good reason why it can’t continue on an ‘at-cost’ basis. Perhaps a skilled, adaptable and determined reader (with independent means) would like to get in touch—or better, a team of readers.

Meantime, I am providing links to every full issue of Velo Vision in PDF (see below) and, at your request, can also post you up to x2 back issue(s) by way of compensation for the 14 issues outstanding in your subscription. Your subscription started at issue 2, so can I suggest an issue anywhere in the range of available magazines?* This suggestion is based on what I think you may have not seen before. Please advise me by email of your preference and an alternative shipping name and address if you wish the mags to be sent elsewhere (†).

Thank you so much for your support to the magazine especially the many who took the time to offer encouragement and express their appreciation, and those who sent letters and contributions too – it was all much appreciated and will be long-remembered. It’s been a privilege to serve the readership over the past few years and I am truly grateful. Do please get in touch by e-mail, letter or call me if you have any good ideas – the future changes everything!

With best regards,

Howard Yeomans
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

« Reply #3 on: 19 January, 2017, 03:26:36 pm »
I would be happy to pay the current print  rate for a simple A4 pdf magazine in current layout, which I could print myself, at home. Would that be a common view?
(I find issu infuriating, exact editions slightly less so (probably because it offers a pdf download :) ), but simple is best).

Has the company already been wound up?

« Reply #4 on: 21 January, 2017, 12:09:43 pm »
Oh well, from their facebook post it seems both print and digital velovision have closed.  :(

So long and thanks for all the excellent past issues ... :)

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #5 on: 26 January, 2017, 03:25:37 pm »
:'o
Getting there...

« Reply #6 on: 11 March, 2017, 12:45:33 pm »
Has anyone got any refunds yet?

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
« Reply #7 on: 11 March, 2017, 01:29:55 pm »
I didn't think that we were offered a refund and I'm not looking for one.
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #8 on: 11 March, 2017, 02:00:33 pm »
Has anyone got any refunds yet?

I received a cheque for twenty-four quid a couple of weeks ago.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

« Reply #9 on: 11 March, 2017, 08:16:42 pm »
I was only  asking because I renewed a subscription just before christmas (ie just before closure) , it was accepted, and so have got zero magazines from it...

EDIT: I have received a refund :)

Thanks.  :)