Author Topic: Does this link work for you?  (Read 1175 times)

Wombat

• Is it supposed to hurt this much?
Does this link work for you?
« on: 08 February, 2017, 07:41:03 pm »
I've asked Crucial why their replacement (larger) SSD for my Sony VIAO laptop is never available, and they tell me they have a few in now, and its available for purchase on this link:

http://www.crucial.com/ProductDisplay?urlRequestType=Base&catalogId=10158&categoryId=&productId=1284004&urlLangId=-1&langId=-1&top_category=&parent_category_rn=&storeId=10153

It is supposed to offer me an MX300 series SSD in Mr 2280 format, at 525GB.  All I get is a "product not available" message followed by their home page.  I've told them this, and they tell me to clear my cache and try again, or try another browser.

Well, I've tried it in Opera, Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft sodding Edge, (and Firefox was a freshly installed copy, just for this) and I get exactly the same result.  I've also tried searching by the part number (CT525MX300SSD4) with a similarly non-existent result.

I should be much obliged if a few of you could try it and see if its me that's crackers, or them.

I suspect that the chap who sent me the link can see it from within their network, but its not visible to the outside world.

I'm going to be crapping myself dismembering the laptop as it is, without added hassle actually obtaining it.  I suspect I shall be phoning them tomorrow.
Wombat

Vince

• Can't climb; won't climb
Re: Does this link work for you?
« Reply #1 on: 08 February, 2017, 07:43:15 pm »
"Part not available"
216km from Marsh Gibbon

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
« Reply #2 on: 08 February, 2017, 07:49:01 pm »
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...

Wombat

• Is it supposed to hurt this much?
« Reply #3 on: 08 February, 2017, 08:02:07 pm »
Looks like I'll be phoning them, then!

Thanks for the support, chaps!  (nice to be reassured I'm not crackers (on that particular front, anyway  ;D)
Wombat