Author Topic: Bikes with Metrea groupset  (Read 925 times)

Bikes with Metrea groupset
« on: 27 May, 2017, 08:58:05 am »
In separate news, I'm looking to replace my commuter. My on-paper favourite  choice from a while back is the  Cannondale Bad Boy 2, for which I have  a bike scheme voucher burning a hole in my pocket while the availability date slips further and further back (currently 18 June, was 1 May at one stage). I do want to ride it first, as there are a couple of issues even on paper: The provision of a front guard with the Lefty (although they appear to have fixed that on the Contro* and their choice of a non-Metrea crank, as a result with gearing that makes it a tad over geared.

However, the Metera groupset pretty well defines the type of bike I'm looking for, so I've been hunting out the bikes with it. Thought the list might help others, and I may have missed some. Only one has a full Metrea Groupset

Cannondale Bad Boy 2 - really just the rear mech
J Laverack Pilot. Drool. Drool. Drool. Full Metrea + more. Little bit spendy for a commuter
Vitus Mach 3 - Crank and rear mech Metrea
Ridgeback Flight 04 Again, crank & rear

Not aware of any others.

ETA Rose are doing one, too, that looks interesting, Edelrose

FTR, I'm not fixated on Metrea, it's just a good pointer to the type of bike I'm looking for. Ignoring that feature Whyte tick most of my boxes. One of the main attractions of the Bad Boy for me is the 650 rather than 700 wheels.

*That bike has been fornicating with the ugly tree