Author Topic: Man of Kent 200  (Read 11274 times)

Martin

Re: Man of Kent 200
« Reply #75 on: 21 March, 2017, 10:08:08 am »
I went majorly wrong having no Garmin and just going into perm / old route mode and not bothering to read the route sheet so ended up in Charing not Lenham!

Did a routecheck for this 10 days ago with Redlight OTP - a fine day out, and a nice clear routesheet.

there was no sign to Ashford at Aldington! but they seemed happy with the one before

The route *we* checked didn't go through Aldington, let alone mention any signs there. Sure you weren't still in perm mode?

no definitely; it was the L turn at Giggers Green Road 123.4km (I think the brevet said "Near Aldington". Not a problem we all had to go past the previous sign which did have Ashford on.

« Reply #76 on: 21 March, 2017, 06:43:37 pm »
Ah. You're talking about the info question.

Redlight and I didn't have them to hand - we were just doing the routesheet and GPX! Not my responsibility guv ...

Martin

« Reply #77 on: 21 March, 2017, 06:51:33 pm »
Just can't get the staff  ;)

« Reply #78 on: 22 March, 2017, 09:12:38 am »
This was my first 200 after my Lymphoma diagnosis and post cardiac ablation (Mk. 2) so I was a bit uncertain about how things would turn out.  Delighted to complete albeit towards the full value end of the range.  Much appreciated the good choice of controls thought they all functioned extremely well.  Many thanks to to all those that have developed and organized the event.  I am waiting to see the stunning pictures of the Turquoise rider with red gloves  8)

I felt better on this ride that I have any right to which is partly attribute to my loss of weight now 20 kg less a man than I was.
Sorry to have missed some old friends and chat but I was quite focussed on this.  Now looking forward to the 3Down which should stretch my legs a bit. 
Les
AKA Cycling Daddy
'Over-exertion, the upright position on the wheel, and the unconscious effort to maintain one’s balance tend to produce a wearied and exhausted “bicycle face.” ~ The Literary Digest

« Reply #79 on: 26 March, 2017, 05:05:08 pm »
, goes for Tea with the Vicar at Faversham,

---''---------"!!

Always a great feed at the vicars.  None ave never left hungry
Just saying

Martin

« Reply #80 on: 26 March, 2017, 06:32:09 pm »
, goes for Tea with the Vicar at Faversham,

---''---------"!!

Always a great feed at the vicars.  None ave never left hungry
Just saying

never ave left? you have never been there! please go and find another thread / yacf'er to troll / stalk / send malicious post to thanks