Author Topic: Advice Sought. Edin, Longtown, Nr Darlo, York, Leeds, Hull, Newark & Notts  (Read 5464 times)

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
If you are still planning to go NTR > Topcliffe, then your stop for food/drink/receipt in NTR might be better spent visiting the Coop on Boroughbridge Road (though that does assume get here before 22:00).

If you are flagging and need a coffee (and maybe cake) feel free to drop by THoFC, it's on your route.
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

Dave_C

• Trying to get rid of my belly... and failing!
If you are still planning to go NTR > Topcliffe, then your stop for food/drink/receipt in NTR might be better spent visiting the Coop on Boroughbridge Road (though that does assume get here before 22:00).

If you are flagging and need a coffee (and maybe cake) feel free to drop by THoFC, it's on your route.

Hi Phil,

Many thanks for the advice and offer, I really appreciate it!

See you Sat evening, I'll call ahead to confirm my ETA.

BR, Dave C
@DaveCrampton < wot a twit.
http://veloviewer.com/athlete/421683/

CrinklyLion

• The one with devious, cake-pushing ways....
In York I'd go straight in on the A19, squiggle across town and out on the A19 again but probably add a couple of minutes diversion towards the Hull road area (where there is a very fine 24 hour audax control on the form of a BP/Marks&Spencer's) and pop into the CrinklyDen for a bit.  370ish is about right for a little snooze stop on a 600, isn't it?

The coffee isn't as good as THoFC though, so definitely go there first :D

Dave_C

In York I'd go straight in on the A19, squiggle across town and out on the A19 again but probably add a couple of minutes diversion towards the Hull road area (where there is a very fine 24 hour audax control on the form of a BP/Marks&Spencer's) and pop into the CrinklyDen for a bit.  370ish is about right for a little snooze stop on a 600, isn't it?

The coffee isn't as good as THoFC though, so definitely go there first :D

Wow, I'm overawed (spelling??) by the wonderful offers of coffee, cake and a floor to nap on.

Many thanks Crinkly, but my mother will be up worrying about me until I arrive at their house where I plan to get a short sleep before setting off on the last 200 to the in-laws on Sunday.

Kindest regards, Dave C

:thumbsup:

You've got a tough climb right at the very end, up Westdale Lane. I used to live at the top of the steep bit! Personally, I'd go from Lowdham, up through Lambley and up onto the Mapperly Plains road, then finish with the flat and slightly downhill coast down Digby Ave.

Still a climb through Lambley, but it's more gradual.
Sherwood CC - Squadra Giallo Verde

CrinklyLion

• The one with devious, cake-pushing ways....
Wow, I'm overawed (spelling??) by the wonderful offers of coffee, cake and a floor to nap on.

Many thanks Crinkly, but my mother will be up worrying about me until I arrive at their house where I plan to get a short sleep before setting off on the last 200 to the in-laws on Sunday.

Kindest regards, Dave C

:thumbsup:

Not a prob :)  In the event of Stuffs (apocalyptic weather, a visitation while in the centre of York, summat like that or a sudden realisation that a 2am cuppa is essential to your well-being etc) meaning a change of plan give us a shout.  I'll possi-probably be out earlier in the evening but will be around later on Saturday. 

Oh - and beware the sofa at THoFC.  I'm told it has impressively soporific tendencies.   Worth risking for the quality of the coffee tho :D

Dave_C

Hi all following this. Finished my ride and once the org has ratified my gpx track I'll sleep easy. There is a report on here above.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk