Author Topic: What to do on the Isle of Wight?  (Read 4169 times)

Re: What to do on the Isle of Wight?
« Reply #25 on: 13 April, 2017, 07:05:35 pm »
If you have young kids, or even of you don't, Steephill Cove, just south of Ventnor, is a great place to spend a few hours just chilling out.

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #26 on: 13 April, 2017, 07:09:46 pm »
The road up to the Old Battery is one of the highlights of the New Forest On & Offshore 200 for me. And it's one of the blessings of the ride that you pass by the 'attraction' before it opens in the morning!
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

« Reply #27 on: 13 April, 2017, 07:53:37 pm »
One thing I have noticed here is that if one is planning on dying, there is an abundance of funeral directors, and choosing between them would be no easy feat. In fact, in some of the small towns, they look like the only businesses that are positively healthy.

αdαmsκι

• Instagram @ucfaaay Strava @ucfaaay
  • Look haggard. It sells.
« Reply #28 on: 13 April, 2017, 08:33:51 pm »
It's interesting you should mention that, as it brought it all back to me. The fabric of the place is similar, but whereas the Commodore was just depressing this place is just full on mental.

I like it. I like it a lot, and I'm not sure why.

From the photos it just reminded me of the Commodore. *shudder*  At least the weather is better this weekend.

BTW, have you read "England England"?
What on earth am I doing here on this beautiful day?! This is the only life I've got!!

https://tyredandhungry.wordpress.com/

« Reply #29 on: 13 April, 2017, 08:42:33 pm »
Some of those reviews are excellent.

Guest: “hubby has medical issues that affect him every morning”

Manager: “your husband on arrival to reception had a can of strongbow in his hand and a packet of 5 cans in this other hand... we found 3 bottlles of wine in your room and 10 cans of cider - all consumed in 1 night stay from 8:30 arrival to 10 am next day check out with 3 children with you”

That would definitely affect me in the mornings.

« Reply #30 on: 13 April, 2017, 09:53:30 pm »
Have you read the one about the woman claiming to be "8 months pregnant"?

Manageress: "We honestly couldn't see any sign of you being 8 months pregnant and you were pissed drunk every night"

StuAff

• Folding not boring
« Reply #31 on: 14 April, 2017, 01:46:45 pm »
Oh, and if All Washed Up or Lucid are playing anywhere, go and see them. Old school friends, y'see ;).

Was over there last night & this morning (doing the recce for my night ride on May 19th). Lucid got a mentioned on the Wightlink telly ads- playing the Old Gaffers Festival in Yarmouth.