Author Topic: Croydon Vet  (Read 1185 times)

Croydon Vet
« on: 31 October, 2008, 03:13:52 pm »
Would anyone care to suggest a good vet, for a cat, in Croydon?  I will probably need a vet for Talisker, so it seems sensible to find a local one, rather than his current one, who is over five miles away.
Actually, it is rocket science.

Re: Croydon Vet
« Reply #1 on: 02 November, 2008, 01:46:40 pm »
If you search the RCVS website (the governing body for vets) you'll probably be ok with any of the vets there, seeing as no one has offered a personal recommendation.

I know of one that won a feline-friendly practice award on Brixton Hill but that's not very convenient for you.

« Reply #2 on: 02 November, 2008, 07:26:41 pm »
The one which we use, not the one referred to on the other thread, is Nelsons in Pampisford Road.

They have been fine the few times we have used them.
[Quote/]Adrian, you're living proof that bandwidth is far too cheap.[/Quote]

« Reply #3 on: 24 November, 2008, 04:53:32 pm »
Oddly enough, totally independent of this thread, I've registered him with Nelsons.  He's going in on Wednesday morning for a 10000 mile service, so they'll jack him up, and kick his tyres, metaphorically speaking. ;D

They are the second closest vet to me (of the ones I could find on the RCVS website and Yellow pages), but the closest one, is on the opposite direction, and probably harder to get to.  They are also one of the few I managed to find some positive reviews of (as opposed to nothing whatsoever).  Oddly enough, my GP is pretty much halfway between the house and the Vets, so I can pop in and pick up my prescription when I take Talisker out there!

I also very luckily managed to get him checked into a cattery for Christmas, which was a bit of a challenge.  At this time of year, they are all fully booked up, but I managed to find one that had had some cancellations.  Unfortunately they aren't so close, and he'll have to withstand a 10 mile trip, which he will hate.  He really dislikes car journeys.
Actually, it is rocket science.