Author Topic: Small world, innit?  (Read 1622 times)

CrinklyLion

• The one with devious, cake-pushing ways....
Small world, innit?
« on: 25 August, 2017, 07:02:10 pm »
I've spent the last week in Newcastle, and rather a lot of it in the Centre For Life science museumy thing. Nattering today with someone who turns out to be their special projects sort of bod... apparently he used to work with our very own Jurek :)

robgul

• Cycle:End-to-End webmaster
  • cyclist, Cytech accredited mechanic & woodworker
    • Cycle:End-to-End
Re: Small world, innit?
« Reply #1 on: 25 August, 2017, 07:47:31 pm »
That's nothing - a few months ago I was chatting with a new member of the cycle club at lunch in the pub and it turned out we were both in the same intake class at grammar school - in 1958!!

That's a couple of years after discovering that another member of the club worked for the same company as me in the same building in London - in 1970.

Rob

Karla

• car(e) free
    • Lost Byway - around the world by bike
« Reply #2 on: 25 August, 2017, 09:22:24 pm »
I've spent the last week in Newcastle, and rather a lot of it in the Centre For Life science museumy thing. Nattering today with someone who turns out to be their special projects sort of bod... apparently he used to work with our very own Jurek :)

I wouldn't be surprised if I used to work with some of his colleagues too.

Tim Hall

• Victoria is my queen
« Reply #3 on: 25 August, 2017, 11:03:38 pm »
Pah. I was in Sydney last week.  I was talking to a friend of my niece. It turns out said friend lives/lived in  Rutland, so I showed her photos of the Wing weekend, including one of a sign for a tree surgeon yclept "Special Branch." Ooh she said. That's my friend, I was at school with him.
There are two ways you can get exercise out of a bicycle: you can
"overhaul" it, or you can ride it.  (Jerome K Jerome)

JStone

• E=112
« Reply #4 on: 26 August, 2017, 05:34:47 pm »
When a former GF & I first swapped phone numbers, we found that the last 5 digits of each were identical.
Néophyte > 2007 > Ancien > 2011 > Récidiviste

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #5 on: 26 August, 2017, 07:26:44 pm »
Twenty-odd years ago I worked in the same building as rob otp, and also the grilf of the drummer in my chum Mr Sunshine's band.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
« Reply #6 on: 26 August, 2017, 08:28:54 pm »
Purchasing "last chance for gas" in middle of bloody nowhere in west Texas, started chatting with attendant (he noticed I wasn't from those parts), turned out he was ex USAF and lived in Ely when stationed in Mildenhall
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

Karla

• car(e) free
    • Lost Byway - around the world by bike
« Reply #7 on: 28 August, 2017, 09:15:31 pm »
I'm not very good at recognising T0by's bum, is this him in Ajax kit or am I seeing things?