Author Topic: Pengwern Pedal - 2017  (Read 3716 times)

U.N.Dulates

• aka John Hamilton
Re: Pengwern Pedal - 2017
« Reply #25 on: 19 September, 2017, 09:34:53 pm »
The stretch between lake Vyrnwy, Bwlch-Y-Groes and the Bwlch-Y-Safn pass was probably the most scenic, so yes... you should have done the 200  ;D

If you wanted scenery then the 300 was the one to go for.  ;D

The tandem we saw finished at about 1:45am (I'd gone to bed by this point). The other tandem (321up) finished at around 11pm.

Definitively full value riders, finishing with 15 minutes in their hands...  ;D

Chapeau though, must be a hard route for a tandem!

We can confirm that. 321up finished just after 10:30. The other tandem rolled in just after 1:45am (slight schadenfraude moment as they'd asked us what took us so long when they asked what time we finished on our route check)

Well done to all the finishers on all events. With over 140 riders between them it was a long day. So thanks to adamski and alismed for sticking around after finishing their rides to help out - it was much appreciated.

Navigational fail of the day goes to the rider who turned left at the top of the Eunant to descend the Bwlch y Groes all the way to Dinas Mawddwy :facepalm:

αdαmsκι

• Instagram @ucfaaay Strava @ucfaaay
  • Look haggard. It sells.
Re: Pengwern Pedal - 2017
« Reply #26 on: 19 September, 2017, 09:48:27 pm »
Navigational fail of the day goes to the rider who turned left at the top of the Eunant to descend the Bwlch y Groes all the way to Dinas Mawddwy :facepalm:

I didn't realise Mel K. was riding ;).
What on earth am I doing here on this beautiful day?! This is the only life I've got!!

https://tyredandhungry.wordpress.com/