Author Topic: Two iPod Shuffles, One iTunes. Can it be done?  (Read 858 times)

Two iPod Shuffles, One iTunes. Can it be done?
« on: 12 January, 2018, 07:26:50 pm »
I'd like to keep my Drum n' Bass and my Sergei Vasilievich Rachmaninoff on separate iPod Shuffles.
For all the obvs reasons.

I have the Drum N' Bass on the latest version of iTunes on my 2015 iMac.
And this syncs sweetly with my silver 4th generation iPod Shuffle.
Most excellent for train journeys.
Especially since they welded over all of the joints in the railway tracks.
And thus the rhythm of rail travel was irretrievably lost.

For the record, the bulk of my music lives on my 2012 iMac which is running an ancient version of iTunes.
For the reason that there was once a time, (young people are probably unaware of this as a concept) when iTunes was a pleasure and delight to use.
Those days have been, for a long time, gone.
These days I have to delve into and felch the iTunes library on the older machine for songs , and by dint of Dropbox, transfer them manually to the hateful iTunes on the new machine.
And thereby, sync with my silver iPod shuffle.
It's a bit Byzantine, but it works.

I'd like to do the same with some of Sergei's work, but to sync it with my Space Grey iPod Shuffle
(I did a bit of a bulk buy on these when Apple pulled the plug on the manufacture of these last year) but I don't want to end up with some sort of mash-up of LTJ Bukem and Rachmaninoff which might cause me to want me to throw myself from a moving train.

Can anyone explain to me in less than 30 words as to whether this can be done, please?

And if the title of this post has made anyone think of 2 g****, 1 c** - that, I'm afraid, is in your head(s).
In it's entirety.

TIA

Redlight

• Enjoying life in the slow lane
Re: Two iPod Shuffles, One iTunes. Can it be done?
« Reply #1 on: 12 January, 2018, 07:31:58 pm »
How about creating separate playlists for your favourite tracks from each genre? Then, when you attach each shuffle, tell it to sync only the playlists that you want on that specific device.  This is how I cope with having three shuffles - mine, my wife's and my son's - all hooked up to the same iTunes.
Why should anybody steal a watch when they can steal a bicycle?

Re: Two iPod Shuffles, One iTunes. Can it be done?
« Reply #2 on: 12 January, 2018, 07:42:11 pm »
Thank you both.
This is starting to look promising.