Author Topic: New ebay trick to raise money . . .  (Read 1439 times)

robgul

• Cycle:End-to-End webmaster
  • cyclist, Cytech accredited mechanic & woodworker
    • Cycle:End-to-End
New ebay trick to raise money . . .
« on: 01 February, 2018, 06:29:27 pm »
Got this today from ebay :

eBay is happy to announce plans to further improve the customer experience by intermediating payments on our Marketplace platform. In doing so, eBay will manage the payments flow, simplifying the end-to-end experience for both buyers and sellers. We have signed an agreement with Adyen, a leading global payments processor, to become our primary payments processing partner. PayPal, a long-time eBay partner, will be a payments option at checkout for eBay buyers.

In other words, having flogged Paypal off in 2015 they're taking the opportunity to regain a large revenue stream in the payments process.

I though the word "intermediating" was an interesting one - a.k.a.  getting a slice of the action.     ebay and Paypal seem to work OK for me, can't see any real streamlining potential and the cynic in me will be watching the pricing basis.

Rob

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
Re: New ebay trick to raise money . . .
« Reply #1 on: 01 February, 2018, 06:53:45 pm »
eBay are rapacious shysters, but are monopolistic rapacious shysters.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #2 on: 01 February, 2018, 07:09:00 pm »
eBay are monopolistic rapacious shysters.

FTFY
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

Beardy

• Shedist
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

« Reply #4 on: 02 February, 2018, 08:32:23 am »
eBay are rapacious shysters, but are monopolistic rapacious shysters.

Now, now, ebay expects you to see the good in everyone..

Since joining 2004, I buy 2 items a month and sell 1 a year, on average.  That's enough hassle to be going on with. 
Move Faster and Bake Things

Ben T

« Reply #5 on: 02 February, 2018, 09:36:17 am »
I put 'cash on collection only' on a lot of items that I'm not going to post anyway. Saves any potential hassle.