Author Topic: Long Itch 2018: Friday 11th to Monday 14th May  (Read 19404 times)

Re: Long Itch 2018: Friday 11th to Monday 14th May
« Reply #175 on: 15 May, 2018, 02:15:42 pm »
And quiet flows the Itchen.

That's because some of the forum's best snorers weren't in attendance...
I was keeping up forum tradition in Forrin parts.   Hope everyone is going to Watlington so we can have the full Snorchestra...
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

« Reply #176 on: 15 May, 2018, 06:36:37 pm »
I hope to see you all at watlington with Apollo as well ,it is one of the nearest campsites to me after all.  :)  I can get to long itchington in a day under my own power but it takes several hours longer and I am much more tired . :)
the slower you go the more you see

Torslanda

• Professional Gobshite
  • Just a tart for retro kit . . .
    • John's Bikes
« Reply #177 on: 16 May, 2018, 03:15:26 pm »
**Deliberately cross posted with the thread for last year's Wing camp/Apollo's new bike thread**

There was a surplus of funds from Apollo's new bike and this has been used to pay Kevin @ D-TEK for the replacement parts for Cycleman's trike.
VELOMANCER

Well that's the more blunt way of putting it but as usual he's dead right.

« Reply #178 on: 16 May, 2018, 06:57:14 pm »
Many heart felt thanks to everyone who contributed to this . You have given Apollo much enjoyment and freedom  :thumbsup:

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #179 on: 16 May, 2018, 07:17:58 pm »
Good news! :thumbsup:
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

« Reply #180 on: 16 May, 2018, 08:45:58 pm »
There was a surplus of funds from Apollo's new bike and this has been used to pay Kevin @ D-TEK for the replacement parts for Cycleman's trike.
:D
 :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
If it ain't broke, fix it 'til it is...

Blodwyn Pig

• what a nice chap
« Reply #181 on: 17 May, 2018, 07:33:04 am »
A few years ago I was on a hosteling off-road weekend with the club, at  Arundel I believe. Well, half way thro the first day, I caught the rear mech on a fallen branch, and it was well mullered. So I removed said item and shortened the chain, and carried on manfully. After lunch stop, unknown to me, 2 of the 'lads' peeled off, rode back to the hostel, got changed, drove to Halfords in Chichester I believe , and came back with a new mech and chain. I was astonished at their thoughtfulness. For the rest of the weekend I received more than my fair share of 'banter'. I did not mind a jot, the way I see it, rightly or wrongly, is that blokes are different. We never say 'nice' things to good mates, it's the exact opposite, the closer the friendship is, the more the jibing, it's a male term of endearment. Any way ,glad you all had a splendid time, and it sounds as if Cycleman was indeed very lucky, and quite skilled at evasive manoeuvring. PB did a splendid job of organising, I'm sure, and I'll try and make it next year.

« Reply #182 on: 27 May, 2018, 06:52:51 pm »
I finally got round to checking the GPS log for the day I crashed . 35.4 mph I the speed when I hit the brakes  :o  :)

« Reply #183 on: 28 May, 2018, 11:44:18 am »
 :o :o
I was too far behind (ie still  only half way down) to see your crash in action. Not seeing definitely comes in the category of ignorance is bliss.
You should take some tips from Apollo who was with me, also descending at at sensible pace!

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #184 on: 28 May, 2018, 11:47:36 am »
Good job your brakes are effective!
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

« Reply #185 on: 28 May, 2018, 12:20:17 pm »
Later in the day I had a look at my maximum speed it was 33.2 mph. It had to be on that descent as at the time I could tell CM was pulling away from me.
Most people tip-toe through life hoping the make it safely to death.
Home