Author Topic: Everything hurts  (Read 1104 times)

simonp

Everything hurts
« on: 09 July, 2009, 03:18:49 pm »
On Tuesday I went to the gym; I did a warm up then 100 pushups initial test (25) then 2000m erg (7m47.3s, not a great time but still ahead of where I was 10 years ago) then some knee exercises and some free weights.  I was a bit sore yesterday.

Last night I went to the Wing Chun class and we did drills: elbow strikes and chain punching onto pads, and then basic lat sao and forms.

Today, I am sore some more.  My chest is sore.  My armpits and shoulders are sore.  My stomach is sore.  My right knee complains if I cycle fast (20+ mph on fixed).  My groin is sore.

I think tonight I will avoid weights and just do a bit of aerobic (cycle and erg) and then go swimming.

Chris S

Re: Everything hurts
« Reply #1 on: 09 July, 2009, 03:20:25 pm »
* points and laughs *

DOMStastic!

simonp

« Reply #2 on: 09 July, 2009, 10:16:35 pm »
No time for swimming so just 10 minutes on exercise bike to warm up then 5000m rowing.

Most of the pain was in pushy muscles so the rowing didn't really bother me, I was within 1s of my PB despite not having been on a rower since March, and my HR "only" got to 172bpm during the row except for the sprint to the line when it went to 180.

Last year doing the same sprint I got to 195 having spent much of the last 2000m at 185.

Guess I'm getting fitter.

« Reply #3 on: 10 July, 2009, 08:57:22 am »
Every time I do leg work out I ache for 24 hours 24 hours later. I have to make sure I do it early in the week if I have a big ride at the weekend which I usually do. I did some easier legs yesterday, lighter weights on the hack squat, no squats or sumos, no romanian dead lifts, used the Swiss Ball instead. The variety is good anyway.

« Reply #4 on: 11 July, 2009, 12:53:20 pm »
Tuesday: 5-a-side (competative)
Thursday: 5-a-side (with work, only 3-a-side so even more running)
Friday: 11-a-side on astroturf. Forerunner says I ran 9.4km during the game.

Calves and hamstrings ache.
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

simonp

« Reply #5 on: 11 July, 2009, 10:51:34 pm »
Well, all that didn't stop me doing my fastest-ever 200km ride on the Yukon today (i.e. I've gone faster on the Madone).  Given the amount of crap I was carrying also (including 5 bananas, 4 giant bars, a massive shackle lock) and the route was relatively lumpy, this is nice.