Author Topic: Horizontal jogging to the frontline against child obesity  (Read 1126 times)

Manotea

• Where there is doubt...
Horizontal jogging to the frontline against child obesity
« on: 13 July, 2009, 01:32:24 pm »
Schoolkids are being encouraged to take up horizontal jogging to develop cardio vascular fitness and fight obesity. Clicky.

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
Re: Horizontal jogging to the frontline against child obesity
« Reply #1 on: 13 July, 2009, 01:41:30 pm »
Whilst at the same time

India is looking at more late night TV to slow the conception rate.

Ghulam Nabi Azad says late-night TV will help slow India’s birth rate - Times Online

;D
It is simpler than it looks.

« Reply #2 on: 13 July, 2009, 01:46:01 pm »
Some really bizarre comments following that story, and presumably most of them haven't actually read the leaflet, just the Times story.

A lot of the comments seem to be along the lines of "Oh my god, they're encouraging young kids to have sex, the unwanted pregnancy rate is going to skyrocket...", when from reading some of the less extreme comments, it looks like this pamphlet is targeted at 16+ children, which as many people pointed out, a lot of whom will be having sex anyway, regardless of any pamphlet telling them to, or not to.

With kids of that age, the best you can do is try to inform them of the risks and responsibilities, because you probably aren't going to be able to stop them.
Actually, it is rocket science.

Julian

• samoture
« Reply #3 on: 13 July, 2009, 01:50:03 pm »
Good.  It's about time someone pointed out to teenagers that sex isn't about STDs, condoms or pregnancy, it's about pleasure.  You could quite easily get to the end of school believing that sex is for the purposes of condoms rather than the other way round.  British teenagers have the same attitude to sex as they do to booze:  it's illicit, dangerous, could lead to imminent DETH and you only do it to prove how cool you are, preferably surreptitiously in the bushes in the park.  "Enjoyable" doesn't feature for either.

Make love not knifecrime, kids.

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #4 on: 13 July, 2009, 08:21:36 pm »
In my day it used to be an apple a day...
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Support Equilibrium

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #5 on: 13 July, 2009, 08:24:10 pm »

It has always cost me at least a two course meal. Not daily, you understand.
It is simpler than it looks.

« Reply #6 on: 13 July, 2009, 11:21:47 pm »

That explains the fascination with Mac, iPods, QuickTime, etc...