Author Topic: Mid-Essex Mid-Week Nocturnal Series  (Read 1745142 times)

bhoot

• MemSec (ex-Mrs RRtY)
Re: Mid-Essex Mid-Week Nocturnal Series
« Reply #11100 on: 16 August, 2017, 05:29:01 pm »
Depending on whether Bhoot is going to make it, we may be better nearer the Centre of the Known Universe.
I am all set but just checked the trains and it doesn't look good. They've cancelled the one I was planning to catch (first legal one with bike) and although there are a couple more possibilities a) I may not get on as they will be crowded and b) they could well be delayed en route.

So count me out now if it makes things easier for everyone else!

I will keep checking here so if there is any change in the situation as long as I know where you will all end up I may just do my own ride and see you at the chosen pub.

jiberjaber

• ... Fancy Pants \o/ ...
  • ACME S&M^2
« Reply #11101 on: 16 August, 2017, 05:51:27 pm »
Sounds like a Shenfield to Chelmsford ride might work best Caroline?

Alternatively, Fenchurch train and a ride up from Basildon might work? (though it's less salubrious of course!)
Regards,

Joergen

bhoot

• MemSec (ex-Mrs RRtY)
« Reply #11102 on: 16 August, 2017, 06:08:07 pm »
Decision made (reluctantly) - am likely to spend too long trying to fight bike onto slow trains so I'm going for a potter from home instead .... will need to consult the calendar for next week as a visit to Tippers Towers is not to be passed up lightly.

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #11103 on: 16 August, 2017, 06:24:41 pm »
That's a shame bhoot, but understandable, hopefully transport will be kinder to you on Saturday if not riding all the way to Witham!  By the time tippers reaches Chelmsford on the train we'll likely be on our second round  :demon:

So, in light of esteemed guests not arriving at Witham train station, I will be meeting any others that can be bothered are able to make it out this evening at the usual roundabout where most great adventures start at 7:30pm
Never knowingly underfed on an Audax

« Reply #11104 on: 16 August, 2017, 06:34:31 pm »

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Proving ambition is undone by ability since 1958...

Oaky

• ACME Fire Safety Officer
  • Audax Club Mid-Essex
    • MEMWNS Map
« Reply #11105 on: 16 August, 2017, 06:47:00 pm »
I am aiming to be at the station at 19:30
You are in a maze of twisty flat droves, all alike.

85.4 miles from Marsh Gibbon

Audax Club Mid-Essex Fire Safety Officer
http://acme.bike

« Reply #11106 on: 17 August, 2017, 04:41:57 pm »
So next week, Colchester? I will put a route together from Witham and will jump off the train there so we may well meet at the station again. It's be a pretty direct route through to Tippers Towers where I will have some mid-ride refreshments waiting but mainly to show off our new plastic garden(but if it's raining we'll probably skip this)

Then we'll go onto the New Inn which 2 people have told me in the last week is very good and THIS would suggest it is from our perspective.

I'll plot a route that uses some of the Nicer cycle paths around the Western side of Colchester. There might be some non paved stuff but no real COR.

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #11107 on: 17 August, 2017, 06:03:05 pm »
So next week, Colchester? I will put a route together from Witham and will jump off the train there so we may well meet at the station again. It's be a pretty direct route through to Tippers Towers where I will have some mid-ride refreshments waiting but mainly to show off our new plastic garden(but if it's raining we'll probably skip this)

Then we'll go onto the New Inn which 2 people have told me in the last week is very good and THIS would suggest it is from our perspective.

I'll plot a route that uses some of the Nicer cycle paths around the Western side of Colchester. There might be some non paved stuff but no real COR.

Small beer garden for parking?

Hopefully I'm IN, subject to work, though may be train assist return home
Regards,

Joergen

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #11108 on: 21 August, 2017, 06:06:35 pm »
So Colchester ?

(I'm keen to try out a new COR section near MoP/Langford so may or may not join you at Witham.... )
Regards,

Joergen

« Reply #11109 on: 22 August, 2017, 10:43:55 am »
Hello, I've put together THIS route for tomorrow night. Some light COR but considering recent conditions and my experiences on these we should not have any major issues.

Lets meet at the Albert Road exit from Witham Station for 19:30 it should be about an hour to Stanway for a quick refreshment before heading on. The route goes to the New Inn but I'm happy to go tot he Live and Let Live instead if there is a preference.

Tomsk

• Fueled by cake since 1957
    • tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #11110 on: 22 August, 2017, 01:45:16 pm »
I'll aim to be at Albert Rd for 7:30pm to join in the fun - coming across straight from work [Rodings] and will grab something to eat at the inevitable 'spoons...

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #11111 on: 22 August, 2017, 06:28:28 pm »
Hello, I've put together THIS route for tomorrow night. Some light COR but considering recent conditions and my experiences on these we should not have any major issues.

Lets meet at the Albert Road exit from Witham Station for 19:30 it should be about an hour to Stanway for a quick refreshment before heading on. The route goes to the New Inn but I'm happy to go tot he Live and Let Live instead if there is a preference.

I could meet you guys about 6km in at the top of Kelvdon Rd climb/Braxted Hill, what time to you think you'd be there?

ETA: Last London bound train is 22:44 (Col Town) 23:03 (Col)
Regards,

Joergen

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #11112 on: 22 August, 2017, 06:36:21 pm »

I could meet you guys about 6km in at the top of Kelvdon Rd climb/Braxted Hill, what time to you think you'd be there?
Probably between 19:50 and 20:00 depending upon traffic conditions leaving Witham.

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #11113 on: 22 August, 2017, 06:41:52 pm »
Is there a prefered return route back from Col?
Regards,

Joergen

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #11114 on: 22 August, 2017, 06:43:15 pm »
Usually the A12 cycle path, but a retrace of the outbound would work too.

ETA: or in OD's case - the train  ::-)

« Reply #11115 on: 22 August, 2017, 10:01:23 pm »
That time of night the main B Road past the Zoo is also a reasonable Option if you are going back via Tiptree.

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #11116 on: 23 August, 2017, 05:54:19 am »
Hello, I've been away so not keeping up. Subject to there being no more Real Life interventions I should be okay for this evening.

BFC

• ACME Wheelwright and Bike Fettler
« Reply #11117 on: 23 August, 2017, 08:21:45 am »
I will be at he station for 7:30.

bhoot

• MemSec (ex-Mrs RRtY)
« Reply #11118 on: 23 August, 2017, 10:08:40 am »
Was really hoping to make it out tonight but I have a stinking cold so you wouldn't thank me for spreading my germs. Have a good ride!

Oscar's dad

« Reply #11119 on: 23 August, 2017, 10:09:59 am »
Usually the A12 cycle path, but a retrace of the outbound would work too.

ETA: or in OD's case - the train  ::-)

;D ;D ;D

Oaky

• ACME Fire Safety Officer
  • Audax Club Mid-Essex
    • MEMWNS Map
« Reply #11120 on: 23 August, 2017, 11:13:33 am »
I'm planning to come along, but might not make the start.  I'll play it by ear and head for the New Inn if I don't make it to the station in time.
You are in a maze of twisty flat droves, all alike.

85.4 miles from Marsh Gibbon

Audax Club Mid-Essex Fire Safety Officer
http://acme.bike

Oscar's dad

« Reply #11121 on: 23 August, 2017, 11:24:26 am »
I'd quite like to spend a bit of time at the Live and Let Live.  My first and only visit was way too brief and it struck me as a very nice pub.

« Reply #11122 on: 23 August, 2017, 12:31:41 pm »
I'd quite like to spend a bit of time at the Live and Let Live.  My first and only visit was way too brief and it struck me as a very nice pub.
Great, that works for me. It is a great little pub, I've been calling in at every opportunity recently and it is often full of locals (all as friendly as last time we were there) and their dogs during the day!

I've sent Catherine on a beer run for the mid ride refreshments, so brace yourselves...not sure what will be on offer! But it is only a couple of minutes to the pub anyway.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #11123 on: 23 August, 2017, 12:34:33 pm »
Great, that works for me. It is a great little pub, I've been calling in at every opportunity recently and it is often full of locals (all as friendly as last time we were there) and their dogs during the day!

I've sent Catherine on a beer run for the mid ride refreshments, so brace yourselves...not sure what will be on offer! But it is only a couple of minutes to the pub anyway.

Uh ho!  Might this get messy?  Have you got a see-saw in your garden?

« Reply #11124 on: 23 August, 2017, 12:35:40 pm »
No but......I just added a 12 foot trampoline on Sunday!