Author Topic: Macrobiotic Diet  (Read 1144 times)

Macrobiotic Diet
« on: 17 August, 2009, 02:11:29 pm »

Has anyone had a go with this?

Seems a lot to learn and a lot of habits to break.

Re: Macrobiotic Diet
« Reply #1 on: 17 August, 2009, 02:16:35 pm »
sort of.

« Reply #2 on: 17 August, 2009, 08:15:18 pm »
The baker from a whole food shop I used to use (Danaan's, Southampton c.1982) was on a macrobitotic diet (I think it was a Zen macrobiotic diet).  He was one of the most miserable people I have ever met.

Not sure if these were related!

Steve
"No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everybody on the couch."

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #3 on: 17 August, 2009, 08:18:43 pm »
Breakfast in Los Angeles. Macrobiotic stuff.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #4 on: 17 August, 2009, 08:20:12 pm »
It makes you a PITA when you go anywhere.
Getting there...

« Reply #5 on: 18 August, 2009, 09:19:59 am »
Might be worth changing your habits a bit at a time - try eating more in that vein when you're at home, and don't worry about it too much when out (i.e. choose the best available option from a restaurant, limit it to meat/dairy-free (um, if that applies, I'm not too sure about exactly what is involved!) when visiting people, that sort of thing.

And then if it doesn't do anything useful you can reconsider :) 

Having said that, if you're considering it for existing health reasons, then the little-by-little approach is less likely to be useful. 

« Reply #6 on: 19 August, 2009, 01:15:10 pm »

Think the first step is less booze, crisps and nuts. Probably feel a lot better for that.

Apart from that incremental changes.

Thanks.

« Reply #7 on: 19 August, 2009, 01:20:47 pm »
Quick wins on the diet-improvement front: less junk (booze, crisps, fast food/takeaway), more fruit & veggies, especially green veggies.  If you live anywhere near a green space with wild patches then head down there with an empty container of some sort for free tasty fruit - it's blackberrying season :) 

Nuts are actually pretty good, although if you're eating the salted/roasted/etc sort that come in snack-type packets, rather less so.  Raw nuts (almonds, peanuts, cashews, whatever) are a good source of protein & good fats.