Author Topic: Berocca  (Read 4261 times)

ed_o_brain

Berocca
« on: 02 September, 2009, 09:37:29 am »
With the challenge of a new job which actually demands something of me, a longer commute as well as a generally hectic lifestyle, Maffie suggested I tried Berocca.

So I've been taking it for about two weeks, and I'm beginning to actually be able to do stuff in the evenings rather then enter into a semi-comatosed state where I can't even remember what Maffie said to me ten seconds prior.

So I'm either getting used to the new job and this stuff is having a placebo effect, or it's actually working. I've also managed to avoid (thus fair) succumbing to any of the lurgy in the new office and also the lurgy Maffie has had for the last few days.

Does anyone else use this stuff? Do you find it gives you really yellow wee the couple of times you go after drinking it down?

Blah

• Not sure where I'm going
Re: Berocca
« Reply #1 on: 02 September, 2009, 10:19:35 am »
Yes, and yes :-)

« Reply #2 on: 02 September, 2009, 10:26:12 am »
yes, and yes!

i don't take it all the time, but fairly often. I don't know that it has the radical effect you've seen, but it does perk me up.

Steve GT

• Crediamo in te, bici!
« Reply #3 on: 02 September, 2009, 01:46:36 pm »
With the challenge of a new job which actually demands something of me, a longer commute as well as a generally hectic lifestyle, Maffie suggested I tried Berocca.

So I've been taking it for about two weeks, and I'm beginning to actually be able to do stuff in the evenings rather then enter into a semi-comatosed state where I can't even remember what Maffie said to me ten seconds prior.

So I'm either getting used to the new job and this stuff is having a placebo effect, or it's actually working. I've also managed to avoid (thus fair) succumbing to any of the lurgy in the new office and also the lurgy Maffie has had for the last few days.

Does anyone else use this stuff? Do you find it gives you really yellow wee the couple of times you go after drinking it down?

I get that when I take a 'Wellman' tablet as well or it could be the Vitamin C tablet I take at the same time

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #4 on: 02 September, 2009, 01:52:04 pm »
I think Riboflavin, one of the B vitamins in Berocca is yellow (and water-soluble).

« Reply #5 on: 02 September, 2009, 01:58:11 pm »

I get that when I take a 'Wellman' tablet as well or it could be the Vitamin C tablet I take at the same time

Vitamin C is a powerful diuretic and those OTT strenth C-Vit tabs (500mg and over) do turn your pee glowing yellow.
Quote from: Marbeaux
Have given this a great deal of thought and decided not to contribute to any further Threads for the time being.
POTD. (decade) :thumbsup:

« Reply #6 on: 02 September, 2009, 02:02:38 pm »
Vitamin C is a powerful diuretic and those OTT strenth C-Vit tabs (500mg and over) do turn your pee glowing yellow.

Must be something else then. I used to take a 1000mg Vit C tablet (Redoxon) and never had glowing yellow wee.
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

« Reply #7 on: 02 September, 2009, 02:13:52 pm »

Must be something else then. I used to take a 1000mg Vit C tablet (Redoxon) and never had glowing yellow wee.

Redoxon seems to be OK as it's diluted down into a glass of water rather than a horse pill depth charge.
I've been OK on Rodoxon and never suffered the constant urge to pee afterwards.
Have given this a great deal of thought and decided not to contribute to any further Threads for the time being.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #8 on: 02 September, 2009, 03:17:39 pm »
I must confess that reading that Vit C was diuretic and turned wee glowing yellow was news to me.

Oh well, you live and learn or you don't have to believe everything you read...

« Reply #9 on: 02 September, 2009, 03:26:06 pm »
You'll know that Vit C can't be stored (it's a water soluble vit) when your body is saturated with it then it has to get rid of all the excess somehow, and quickly too.

Too much can cause bad diarrhoea, also.

I'd say the freaky colour is more of a which manufacturer you have chosen.

rae

« Reply #10 on: 03 September, 2009, 11:45:44 pm »

Even the blurb linked from their website admits that you don't need it if you have a decent diet.   As to the impact on the immune system....well, I'd be interested in the trials.  They're conspicuously missing from the advertising.

ed_o_brain

« Reply #11 on: 04 September, 2009, 08:32:47 am »

Even the blurb linked from their website admits that you don't need it if you have a decent diet.   As to the impact on the immune system....well, I'd be interested in the trials.  They're conspicuously missing from the advertising.

Is that not the case with most/all dietary supplements?

« Reply #12 on: 04 September, 2009, 08:37:06 am »
I find the same as you, it's great for a quick boost when I'm knackered.  Probably not ideal for for long term though.

rae

« Reply #13 on: 04 September, 2009, 08:45:53 am »
s that not the case with most/all dietary supplements?

Yes.  If you live on burgers, they're probably useful.  If you have a normal diet, I really don't see the point - you'll just pee/poo out the excess.   They can't make claims because they can't prove anything, they can't prove anything because there's nothing to prove.    It's a charlatan industry, preying on people's fear of "not doing the right thing".    Being blunt, it is big pharma (look at who makes this stuff), picking up the people who aren't taking their real drugs.