Author Topic: Chilli Alert  (Read 2426 times)

Chilli Alert
« on: 26 January, 2014, 09:50:42 pm »
http://www.thompson-morgan.com/how-to-grow-chilli-peppers

after planting mine yesterday I came across this earlier today and remembered there were quite a few questions on here last year about growing chillies indoors,  Well here's a timely reminder   :thumbsup:

Re: Chilli Alert
« Reply #1 on: 26 January, 2014, 09:53:53 pm »
Sowed mine last week. They have now germinated. Tomorrow evening they will come in from the propagator in the garage and onto the window cill in the front bedroom cum office.
"No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everybody on the couch."

« Reply #2 on: 26 January, 2014, 09:56:00 pm »
:) which varieties are you going with

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #3 on: 27 January, 2014, 07:40:21 am »
Our parrot loves them.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

« Reply #4 on: 22 February, 2014, 08:55:06 pm »
Pricked them out into individual 3" pots today.
They're 'Numex Twilight' -- usually grown as an ornamental as you get lots of small chillies which ripen at different rates, so are different colours. I think some of them end up purplish but I'm not sure as it's a few years since I've grown them. They are perfectly edible and, as we don't go overboard on chilli, the fact they're not the hottest you can buy isn't a problem.
"No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everybody on the couch."

« Reply #5 on: 11 March, 2014, 07:43:23 pm »
After seeing this thread I thought I would sow some chilli seeds incase last years plants do not survive the winter. I sowed 6 seeds in a small tray and they are all up now. The seeds were salvaged from some chillies bought from the local chinese supermarket so variety unknown but they have good heat. No sign of growth from last years plants yet but there is plenty of time as it will be some weeks till the seedlings are big enough for big pots.

« Reply #6 on: 19 March, 2014, 09:57:42 am »
Half a dozen plants (variety cherry bomb) I overwintered are definitely putting out new leaves now. Very pleased as some of these spent the winter in our unheated verandah, the others on the dining room floor; a bit warmer but not very well lit.