Author Topic: [HAMR] Premier Inn Problems on TG Day 161 - any final result?  (Read 4390 times)

[HAMR] Premier Inn Problems on TG Day 161 - any final result?
« on: 12 February, 2016, 06:43:24 pm »
Several public spirited folks here approached Premier Inn via tweets after TG's bike was refused entry on Day 161 despite this being against their stated bike friendly policy.

Did anyone every get a satisfactory explanation or future guarantee from Premier Inn? Something I could print off and put in my bar bag would be nice :)

Bryn

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
Re: Premier Inn Problems on TG Day 161 - any final result?
« Reply #1 on: 12 February, 2016, 07:13:43 pm »

« Reply #2 on: 13 February, 2016, 11:38:08 am »
Thanks Kim, they seemed to have smartened up the earlier statement. I'll definitely take that with me.

Still curious to know if there was ever any sign of an official apology for TG being sent off into the dark cold night.  Last I saw here is that they were "looking in to it".  That's the sort of official assurance usually accompanied by a muttered "but don't hold your breath".

Bryn

« Reply #3 on: 16 February, 2016, 10:30:10 am »
It may have been a judgement call related to the cleanliness (or otherwise) of TG's bike at that time - they may allow bikes in the rooms, but they don't want filthy ones, understandably. or it could just have been a curmudgeon  :)
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

« Reply #4 on: 17 February, 2016, 04:49:54 pm »
No result. Premiere Inn did contact me via Twitter but I had better things to do than spend time doing something that wasn't going to help me do more miles.
It was simply a case of a *&%?ing (^&£ making up their own rules and ignoring Premier Inn's policy.

They weren't happy about me bringing my bike upstairs at 4am, for some reason. I think they thought I was going to make too much noise. Nothing you can do about these kind of people and going over the road to give Travelodge my custom was most likely to be the most time efficient thing to do.

ICBA to chase it up and have many other things I'd rather be doing.
Premier Inn are very good places to stay. Usualy a similar price to Travelodge but you can get a good meal and eat all you can breakfast whereas a Travelodge will generally have a petrol garage or Little Chef as the nearest eateries, if you are "lucky."