Author Topic: Line Of Duty S3 ***spoilers***  (Read 7657 times)

Re: Line Of Duty S3 ***spoilers***
« Reply #25 on: 29 April, 2016, 02:43:30 pm »
So, there will be another series! I wonder if it will continue tidying up all the loose ends and people involved in this case, or move on with another story?

A very good series indeed and good to see the cast getting the chance to act during the interview scenes rather than just running around.

I think a new story will happen as the loose ends have effectively been tidied-up.  Just a matter of deciding which one of the 3 becomes the focus of attention!

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #26 on: 03 May, 2016, 01:40:53 pm »
Very good.

Finales are always a weak point in this sort of thing, but they kept up the interest AND the believability for pretty much all of it.

He handed a bunch of keys over when he handed over his pass and warrant when he was suspended.Surely Steve doesn't have use of the car as he's suspended? So that should rule him out? Unless he didn't hand in the keys so Dot could claim Steve could've taken it, picked up Denton and shot her.

edit: well I thought he had.
Yes, he definitely handed keys back. Given that most details in this programme matter, I was expecting that to come up at some point, and get Steve sprung. Either it was overlooked, or plod always have a bunch of keys (for lockers-n-stuff), so he kept the car keys.

I'm not commenting on any other plot details, cos my brain is too small to deal with most of them - I prefer the story to be spelt out for me in words of less than 2 syllables :) I just sit back and enjoy the acting.
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

« Reply #27 on: 04 May, 2016, 07:57:42 am »
Watched the finale last night - very good, with the building tension in Dot's interview, and the subsequent chase.

Found this...  http://www.telegraph.co.uk/tv/2016/04/27/line-of-duty-series-3-finale-who-shot-dot-cottan-plus-13-other-b/
Cycle and recycle.   SS Wilson

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
Line Of Duty S3 ***spoilers***
« Reply #28 on: 27 March, 2017, 09:50:55 am »
So, who watched the first ep of the new series last night?

Started off well but the ending was a bit too silly for my liking. Jason Watkins was as excellent as he always is though. Will be interesting to see how it develops.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

« Reply #29 on: 29 March, 2017, 04:50:39 pm »
Just iplayered it. Not sure what to make of it so far - early doors yet. I hope they're not making it really twisty turny just for the sake of it...
Those wonderful norks are never far from my thoughts, oh yeah!

citoyen

« Reply #30 on: 10 April, 2017, 07:25:11 pm »
Well, it certainly is very twisty-turny...

Although the twist-turny bit in last night's episode wasn't that much of a surprise if you'd been watching the first episode closely.

citoyen

« Reply #31 on: 24 April, 2017, 12:36:56 am »
Well, this series has really built up very nicely. Wasn't sure it was up to the standard set by previous series but it really stepped up a gear tonight and all the pieces of the jigsaw puzzle are starting to fall into place. It's going to be a cracking finale next week.

« Reply #32 on: 24 April, 2017, 07:24:27 am »
Totally agree. I wasn't sure to start with, but it has been a brilliant series.

So next week, we find out who the wronguns really are.

citoyen

Line Of Duty S3 ***spoilers***
« Reply #33 on: 30 April, 2017, 10:41:02 pm »
Tonight's series finale was magnificent. Breathtaking telly - although a couple of the big reveals were somewhat telegraphed, not that it spoiled my enjoyment in any way.

I was pleased that they addressed one of the burning questions from ep1, even if they didn't answer it entirely satisfactorily:
(click to show/hide)

Anyway, already looking forward to S5...

« Reply #34 on: 01 May, 2017, 05:14:32 am »
Just watched it. Loved it  :)

They got the level of ridiculousness just about right for entertainment without going over the top. So many doors have been opened now for another series. Can't wait for another  :thumbsup:

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
« Reply #35 on: 01 May, 2017, 06:52:49 am »
Even got my wife hooked, now I need to watch the first three series :)
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #36 on: 01 May, 2017, 08:41:11 am »
Tonight's series finale was magnificent. Breathtaking telly - although a couple of the big reveals were somewhat telegraphed, not that it spoiled my enjoyment in any way.

I was pleased that they addressed one of the burning questions from ep1, even if they didn't answer it entirely satisfactorily:
(click to show/hide)

Anyway, already looking forward to S5...
+1    (mainly ...)

Really enjoyed it. How often does a series come together so brilliantly in the finale? Ros Huntley's suprise tactics in the interviews have been a great unusual twist too. :thumbsup:

(click to show/hide)
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles