Author Topic: Trains  (Read 2073 times)

Trains
« on: 14 April, 2019, 12:31:11 pm »
Hi,

Does anyone know if I can get my bike on a train from Montparnasse to Rambouillet?

Thank you
Martyn

Sent from my LLD-L31 using Tapatalk

Re: Trains
« Reply #1 on: 14 April, 2019, 01:08:26 pm »

« Reply #2 on: 14 April, 2019, 01:32:26 pm »
Thanks

Sent from my LLD-L31 using Tapatalk

SPB

« Reply #3 on: 14 April, 2019, 02:58:35 pm »
I don't know how many of the 7,000 starters are planning on taking trains to Rambouillet, and I don't know how many bikes will be accepted per train (ACP mentioned in an email to me that it's officially 6 or 12, according to train length), but I can't help thinking it might not be as easy to get a bike on as it would on any other weekend.

bairn again

« Reply #4 on: 10 June, 2019, 09:01:06 am »
I was thinking Montparnasse might be busy but on the previous 2 occassions Ive used accomodation in central paris and the train to St Quentin was pretty quiet on both bike check day and the Sunday.  I guess most folk use accommodation near the start.   

A branch of RER Line C takes you either to Dourdan or Dourdan la Foret both of which are about 20km from the start.  That's my plan for the bike check assuming decent weather (I can pick Line C up from Invalides, less of a ride for me than it is to Montparnasse) 

« Reply #5 on: 12 June, 2019, 08:34:53 am »
I've taken my bike on RER C on PBP weekend without any overcrowding problems.
I decided to cycle through the city and pick up the RER at an overground station rather than manhandling my bike underground. Traffic wasnt a problem, lots of bike paths.

« Reply #6 on: 12 June, 2019, 10:23:57 pm »
During the ACP meeting in january it was stated that the local authorities from Rambouillet will ask the SNCF to step up the amount of bikeplaces in the trains to and from Rambouillet during the PBP week.