Author Topic: Ditchling Devil 2019  (Read 1422 times)

Manotea

• Where there is doubt...
Ditchling Devil 2019
« on: 21 April, 2019, 10:06:22 am »
The sun coming out to play is nature's way of telling you that the London Ditchling Devil will soon be here! This year's event is at the end of June rather than at the start, so don't forget to mark it in your diary. Everything else remains the same, with a great route, great village hall controls supported by local community groups serving home made food included in the entry fee, and a finish at the Rose of York. Riding down to the coast and back is always a blast, and with 400 riders taking part the Ditchling Devil is one of the most popular Audax events in the calendar.

Click the graphic for details!

Martin

Re: Ditchling Devil 2019
« Reply #1 on: 30 June, 2019, 02:38:51 pm »
Just back from Checkpoint Highbrook; sorry for those who had to put up with the dead animal smell on the West Sussex (blue) side.

A huge turnout and great weather as always, much more pleasant than the 38oC I endured on a AAA perm 200 yesterday  :'( (also to put the infos up at the Southern end although the sun was long gone by then)

bludger

• Randonneur and bargain hunter
« Reply #2 on: 30 June, 2019, 06:56:44 pm »
Chiddingfold controllers signing off. Great rider feedback and had a great time with company myself, I will be giving it a knock myself for sure. One brave single speeder spotted!
YACF touring/audax bargain basement:
https://bit.ly/2Xg8pRD

Ban cars.

« Reply #3 on: 30 June, 2019, 10:21:29 pm »
A superb day out a'wheel on the bike!!! The bar has been raised yet again with the quality of organisation and food on offer at controls!! Really nice route, and really nice community feel to the local cycling clubs supporting and organising the controls!!!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

« Reply #4 on: 01 July, 2019, 12:02:11 pm »
I heard a rumour that Chiddingfold had the cutest controllers, but haven't been able to corroborate it.

Martin

« Reply #5 on: 01 July, 2019, 08:31:12 pm »
PS thanks Manotea for arranging the Lancaster fly-over at Highbrook

(although you had to be a full value rider to see it!)