Author Topic: Sh!te courier thread  (Read 147601 times)

robgul

• Cycle:End-to-End webmaster
  • cyclist, Cytech accredited mechanic & woodworker
    • Cycle:End-to-End
Re: Sh!te courier thread
« Reply #925 on: 15 March, 2023, 08:33:28 am »
Shiply (a central clearing house for man-and-van transport of mainly large awkward stuff) - I sold some furniture to someone in London who arrnaged transport with Shiply.

Man called to say he would collect between 11:00 and 13:00 yesterday . . .  turned up at 23:58 !    (I had by that time put the package outside and retired to bed at 23:30 having waited somewhat beyond my normal bedtime)

« Reply #926 on: 20 March, 2023, 11:07:59 am »
I buy all my pet supplies online. Yesterday I noticed at checkout there's a box to tick if you want to specify which courier to use. This means that if you think courier A is shit (locally or generally) you can opt for courier B or C. I think this is a step forward for online shopping.

« Reply #927 on: 20 March, 2023, 11:12:50 am »
I buy all my pet supplies online. Yesterday I noticed at checkout there's a box to tick if you want to specify which courier to use. This means that if you think courier A is shit (locally or generally) you can opt for courier B or C. I think this is a step forward for online shopping.

Zooplus used to let you choose Yodel or DPD Local, although when I ordered today I got no choice, just "we'll choose the best option for you". Somehow I doubt that.
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

« Reply #928 on: 20 March, 2023, 01:04:52 pm »
Ah, it's Zooplus that I use too. I wonder why you have no choice but I do! Also, my choices weren't Yodel or DPD. I can't remember what they were, but one was Evri (used to be MyHermes).

« Reply #929 on: 20 March, 2023, 03:51:11 pm »
It may depend on shipment size. I can live with whatever, it was just nice to get the fixed day from DPD Local.

quixoticgeek

• Mostly Harmless
« Reply #930 on: 20 March, 2023, 08:23:26 pm »

That's quite common with a lot of continental online shops. Esp tool, bike, or outdoor shops. Usually a choice of DHL, DPD, and one of UPS or FedEx.

J
--
Beer, bikes, and backpacking
http://b.42q.eu/

« Reply #931 on: 01 April, 2023, 10:57:18 am »
Another honourable mention for EVRI. Having failed to deliver to a business address on a Friday afternoon (not their fault, we close at 1 on a Friday - though their app could be more helpful in allowing a new day to be selected) they’re going to try again on a Saturday - between 5 and 6pm. Genius. I do hope their third and final attempt isn’t on Sunday……

ETA: We’ll they revised the delivery time, and reportedly delivered it. No idea where to as our company doesn’t have a blue panelled front door…

ETAA: But no! It’s out for delivery again today - a Sunday - to the business address. I can only hope the courier has some common sense and drops it off in the w eek sometime, rather than sending it back to Sports Direct after 3 failed delivery attempts.

Common sense from the actual delivery person prevailed, and it turned up this morning.

SoreTween

• Most of me survived the Pennine Bridleway.
« Reply #932 on: 26 May, 2023, 10:02:59 am »
Royal Fail.  Item posted on 24hour disservice 12:30 Tuesday.  Is it here almost 3 days later?  Is it bollocks.
2023 targets: Survive. Maybe.
There is only one infinite resource in this universe; human stupidity.

« Reply #933 on: 26 May, 2023, 12:58:23 pm »
A courier company similar in name to tough knells

Awaiting a part at work. Looks Thursday and says was delivered Wednesday but nothing to back this up and supplier can't get anything, they said had emailed courier and I tried ringing but number doesn't work

Today it arrives, I asked the driver what's going on and he laughed. Told me he was agency driver and they'd been called in as the warehouse was full. Looks like they're just.logging as delivered

« Reply #934 on: 26 May, 2023, 01:14:10 pm »
ParcelFarce  >:(

I received an SMS yesterday to tell me that they are sorry but there has been a delay and they cannot deliver my parcel today (ie Thursday) but will deliver it on the next working day (ie Friday).

No more messages but when I check the tracker first thing this morning it is 'in the delivery depot'.  I am a bit surprised that the delivery depot is in Stoke (50 miles away) but guess that that is how these global operations work.  Check a few hours later to find that apparently it isn't how they work as 'Your parcel has, unfortunately, been sorted to the wrong delivery depot. We will forward it to the correct delivery depot and it will be delivered as soon as possible.'

No further messages to inform me of this latest problem  >:(
No indication as to when ASAP might actually be  >:(
I really could have done with this before the BH weekend   >:(

Not impressed!

quixoticgeek

• Mostly Harmless
« Reply #935 on: 26 May, 2023, 01:26:36 pm »
A courier company similar in name to tough knells

Awaiting a part at work. Looks Thursday and says was delivered Wednesday but nothing to back this up and supplier can't get anything, they said had emailed courier and I tried ringing but number doesn't work

Today it arrives, I asked the driver what's going on and he laughed. Told me he was agency driver and they'd been called in as the warehouse was full. Looks like they're just.logging as delivered

I'm getting this a lot. Stuff gets logged as delivered. There's no sign of it, then a few days later it appears. Looks like they are doing it to meet a SLA

J
--

quixoticgeek

• Mostly Harmless
« Reply #936 on: 23 June, 2023, 08:43:53 pm »

Not sure if shit couriers, or shit despatches.

I ordered some bulk laundry supplies, including a 5l bottle of ecover. 
Said bottle doesn't like being upside down.

Guess who put the bottle in a package with no indication of which way up it should be.

Guess who put the box with said bottle on my doorstep, with the bottle upside down.

On the plus side the Hallway smells nice.

Now to try and get a refund...

J
--

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #937 on: 24 June, 2023, 09:33:02 am »
According to the USPS tracking page whoever handles the UK end of their international parcel service attempted a delivery at ten o'clock last night.  Frankly I find this different to believe, unless they use the same lot who delivered my suitcase at 1 am a few years ago after moron baggage handlers in Glasgow failed to put it on the London flight.

Edit: It's just occurred to me that their webby SCIENCE may well be using some heathenish USAnian time zone in which case they tried delivering it at Stupid o'clock on a Saturday morning instead.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #938 on: 24 June, 2023, 07:00:56 pm »
Oh, and Royal Snail!  There is no need to subject me to a two-part Captcha every time I refresh your poxy tracking page.  Especially when it’s one of the ones that ask you to click pictures of things you can eat but won’t accept that you can eat dogs.

« Reply #939 on: 25 June, 2023, 11:16:45 am »

Not sure if shit couriers, or shit despatches.

I ordered some bulk laundry supplies, including a 5l bottle of ecover. 
Said bottle doesn't like being upside down.

Guess who put the bottle in a package with no indication of which way up it should be.

Guess who put the box with said bottle on my doorstep, with the bottle upside down.

On the plus side the Hallway smells nice.

Now to try and get a refund...

J

More like shit bottle design.

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #940 on: 26 June, 2023, 09:10:10 pm »
Fortunately Royal Snail delivered one of my expected packages* half an hour after I'd got back from Mr Sainsbury’s House of Toothy Comestibles, but the one originating from USAnia hasn’t added a single electron to its tracking page since the alleged delivery attempt on Friday night.  And the USPS webby SCIENCE assumes you’re in USAnia so its FAQs are bugger-all use.  Who's got it?  And where?  Is it with a gang of villains in a shed up at Heathrow?

* albeit that Lloyds Pharmacy used a cardboard box three times the size of the contents

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #941 on: 27 June, 2023, 11:00:48 am »
Ooooh, update!  Package from USAnia now in Customs in Coventry.

Feanor

• It's mostly downhill from here.
« Reply #942 on: 27 June, 2023, 11:55:00 am »
And the USPS webby SCIENCE assumes you’re in USAnia so its FAQs are bugger-all use.  Who's got it?  And where?  Is it with a gang of villains in a shed up at Heathrow?

It'll be with you in no time, They'll be doing ninety when they get the word to go.

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #943 on: 28 June, 2023, 12:14:33 pm »
Package from USAnia released into the tender hands of Porcel Farce.  What happens next is anyone's guess.

Pingu

• Put away those fiery biscuits!
  • Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
« Reply #944 on: 28 June, 2023, 01:35:30 pm »
It goes in and out of Wandsworth?

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #945 on: 30 June, 2023, 01:58:52 pm »
Robdogs at Porcel Farce want £63.28 to release it from bondage >:(  I am willing to wager a small sum that this will not be refunded when said item is returned to USAnia in less than two weeks time.

quixoticgeek

• Mostly Harmless
« Reply #946 on: 08 July, 2023, 11:15:53 am »

I have two parcels coming via postnl. One was attempted delivery on Thursday, one on Friday. I wasn't in, so they got taken to parcel shops. Yep plural. So now I have to visit two different tobacconists to pick up my parcels :(

J
--

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #947 on: 03 August, 2023, 12:35:16 pm »
Which reminds me (a post in another thread that is).

Dr Beardy ordered a fancy candle or something from a posh online vendor for Ms Beardy the elder, who is feeling somewhat under the weather.

Yodel are the ‘delivery’ agent of choice for the posh online retailer, POR hereafter

The not unusual proceedings followed. It’s out for delivery, we’re sorry we missed you; a card has been left which changed later to deliver was attempted but the parcel was refused.

Dr Beardy is upset and looks at how she can contact Yodel.

I advise her to contact the POR, as her contract is with them and it’s their problem.

Then ensues an exchange of emails that suggest that this is just business as usual for the POR. They’re polite, efficient and ineffective at getting Yodel to correct their lies. They promptly respond with a full refund when the same is politely requested.

Yodel are obviously cheap enough that the POT will continue to use them until they’ve lost sufficient business to crap delivery, though I suspect that this will be masked to some extent by customers trying to resolve the issues directly with Yodel or just writing off the delivery, and subsequently deciding to use other online retailers.
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

BrianI

• Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's Lepidopterist Man!
« Reply #948 on: 04 August, 2023, 10:44:06 am »
DHL!
New camera lens supposedly delivered to my local Service Point (a corner shop) yesterday.
Tracking shows delivered, but DHL app shows it getting delivered today.

According to DHL customer service agent on their Faceache Chat, it has been delivered, but Service Point staff didn't scan it as ready for collection.

And no, I cannot collect as I did not get sent the Pickup Code.  :facepalm:

BrianI

• Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's Lepidopterist Man!
« Reply #949 on: 04 August, 2023, 02:41:34 pm »
On the phone to the Customer Service of DHL.

Looks like Customer Service Agent has to send an email to DHL local delivery office, who will then email the DHL Service point at the local shop, (assuming that the shop keep has time to check their emails) to ask if they can rescan the parcel as ready for collection, which will then generate a Pickup Code...