Author Topic: Torchwood  (Read 34602 times)

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
Re: Torchwood
« Reply #25 on: 07 July, 2009, 01:28:25 pm »
The radio programmes last week weren't bad either
DIdn't listen to a whole one, but one major plus for the radio shows - MUCH less needless music.

Is there any other TV prog (or movie) that has as many minutes music per hour of program?!?
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
« Reply #26 on: 07 July, 2009, 02:15:08 pm »
Ianto's put on a bit of weight.  Shacking up with Cap'n Jack obviously suits him...  ;)
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

urban_biker

• " . . .we all ended up here and like lads in the back of a Nova we sort of egged each other on...."
  • Known in the real world as Dave
« Reply #27 on: 07 July, 2009, 02:27:52 pm »

I thought the scene with Ianto's brother-in-law was hilarious.

+1 to that  ;D
Owner of a languishing Langster

Zoidburg

« Reply #28 on: 07 July, 2009, 05:04:07 pm »
A great start last night, I loved it. Mind you, it's a pity that Mr. R.T. Davies felt it necessary to, once again, work a gay storyline into an otherwise ripping yarn.

Aliens when they make contact will turn out to be gayers.

I am afraid you are just going to have to learn to deal with the gay galaxy, and possibly some probing.

Regulator

« Reply #29 on: 07 July, 2009, 05:14:31 pm »
A great start last night, I loved it. Mind you, it's a pity that Mr. R.T. Davies felt it necessary to, once again, work a gay storyline into an otherwise ripping yarn.

Whaddya mean "...work a gay storyline into an otherwise ripping yarn..."?  The Ianto/Cap'n Jack Shagfest has been a part of Torchwood since day one.

Green Party Councillor

Zoidburg

« Reply #30 on: 07 July, 2009, 05:18:45 pm »

Whaddya mean "...work a gay storyline into an otherwise ripping yarn..."?  The Ianto/Cap'n Jack Shagfest has been a part of Torchwood since day one.
I think you may find they started off with a bit of red hot girl on girl action.

Or so I have been told.

::-)

her_welshness

• Slut of a librarian
    • Lewisham Cyclists
« Reply #31 on: 07 July, 2009, 05:22:55 pm »

I hate to be the Torchwood nerd, but remember Ianto had his secret girlfriend in the basement? He was trying to save her but she had become dangerous/out-of-control. Then in season 2, suddenly, Ianto and Captain Jack start snogging. 'Where the bleeding hell did that come from?' I wondered, it just seemed totally out of context from the script.

Anyone noticed the way that John Barrowman runs? Bloody hilarious  :D

Regulator

« Reply #32 on: 07 July, 2009, 05:25:27 pm »

I hate to be the Torchwood nerd, but remember Ianto had his secret girlfriend in the basement? He was trying to save her but she had become dangerous/out-of-control. Then in season 2, suddenly, Ianto and Captain Jack start snogging. 'Where the bleeding hell did that come from?' I wondered, it just seemed totally out of context from the script.

You need to go back and watch the first series again.  ;)

Ianto had his 'girlfriend' in the basement but he was also having his wicked way with Jack.

Green Party Councillor

Zoidburg

« Reply #33 on: 07 July, 2009, 05:25:49 pm »

Whaddya mean "...work a gay storyline into an otherwise ripping yarn..."?  The Ianto/Cap'n Jack Shagfest has been a part of Torchwood since day one.

You would run funny as well if Ianto had just given you a merciless back-scuttling.

her_welshness

• Slut of a librarian
    • Lewisham Cyclists
« Reply #34 on: 07 July, 2009, 05:28:20 pm »

You need to go back and watch the first series again.  ;)

Ianto had his 'girlfriend' in the basement but he was also having his wicked way with Jack.

I know there was some flirtation going on, but not full on action, blimey the tart  :D

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #35 on: 07 July, 2009, 08:29:52 pm »

And there have been straight storylines in it since day one as well.

I wonder if the end of last night's episode is how Jack ends up as the Face of Bo in a big glass tank. Will the rest of the episodes see Ianto wheeling him around in his tank on a wheelbarrow?

My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

her_welshness

• Slut of a librarian
    • Lewisham Cyclists
« Reply #36 on: 07 July, 2009, 09:00:57 pm »

And there have been straight storylines in it since day one as well.

I wonder if the end of last night's episode is how Jack ends up as the Face of Bo in a big glass tank. Will the rest of the episodes see Ianto wheeling him around in his tank on a wheelbarrow?

Haha - love this - look old damn you Captain Jack, for the sake of your daughter!

« Reply #37 on: 07 July, 2009, 09:59:14 pm »
Well, that was interesting, but I really want to see the next episode now!
Actually, it is rocket science.

Mike J

• Guinea Pig Person
« Reply #38 on: 07 July, 2009, 10:06:32 pm »
Well, that was interesting, but I really want to see the next episode now!

It's such a pain having to wait, but it makes it worthwile  :)

« Reply #39 on: 07 July, 2009, 10:09:22 pm »
Well - "They" will be here tomorrow!

I absolutely loved the "We want a Pony" chant..

Eccentrica Gallumbits

« Reply #40 on: 07 July, 2009, 10:19:21 pm »
I really think tonight's episode was a bit far-fetched.

« Reply #41 on: 07 July, 2009, 10:53:57 pm »
I watched most of the first series of Torchwood, which was OK, but not enough to make me watch anything else.

I happened to catch the first episode of this last night, and I've been gripped.  Although tonight I did want them to just get on with it instead of wasting so much time with the Jack's-dead-Jack's-alive sub-plot.  I suppose they have 5 hours to fill.

tonycollinet

• No Longer a western province of Númenor
« Reply #42 on: 07 July, 2009, 11:05:20 pm »
First class stuff. Brilliant last night, and good tonight even if it is a bit of a filler episode.

gonzo

« Reply #43 on: 07 July, 2009, 11:15:58 pm »
I really think tonight's episode was a bit far-fetched.
Jack's immortality I can deal with. A simple balancing system with the JCB on the other hand I have large issues with.

Eccentrica Gallumbits

« Reply #44 on: 07 July, 2009, 11:19:22 pm »
Yes, that was what I was struggling with, plus how did Ianto know where and when to go, and how did that digger thing dig out that concrete block? Jack's immortality is obvious - Rose filled him with gold light from the heart of the TARDIS.

Maybe Torchwood should team up with Spooks for a really good cross-over!

gonzo

« Reply #45 on: 08 July, 2009, 04:54:00 pm »
Yes, that was what I was struggling with, plus how did Ianto know where and when to go, and how did that digger thing dig out that concrete block? Jack's immortality is obvious - Rose filled him with gold light from the heart of the TARDIS.

How would they write off Jack though?

Removing the block of concrete confused me too. Oh, and when the concrete broke in half, it should have pulled Jack apart too. I'm fine with the aliens, just leave the basic laws of science alone eh?

andygates

• Peroxide Viking
« Reply #46 on: 08 July, 2009, 04:57:23 pm »
He got the plug of set concrete out of his lungs pretty easily too, all things considered. 
It takes blood and guts to be this cool but I'm still just a cliché.
OpenStreetMap UK & IRL Streetmap & Topo: ravenfamily.org/andyg/maps updates weekly.

Regulator

« Reply #47 on: 08 July, 2009, 05:02:09 pm »

How would they write off Jack though?

Removing the block of concrete confused me too. Oh, and when the concrete broke in half, it should have pulled Jack apart too. I'm fine with the aliens, just leave the basic laws of science alone eh?

Why do you think it should have pulled him apart?  Concrete doesn't adhere particularly well to skin.  The forces exerted on the body as a whole would have depended on the position his body was at in the concrete.  If his arms were by his side, then the concrete shell could fairly easily have cracked around the outline - it would only have been a real problem if his arms and legs were outstretched.

OK, the caustic chemical make up of concrete may have irritated his body somewhat, but that's very different from 'pulling it apart'.

He got the plug of set concrete out of his lungs pretty easily too, all things considered.  

Why would he have a plug of concrete in his lungs?  He saw the concrete coming.  He could have held his breath, knowing that if he died he'd regenerate anyway.

Green Party Councillor

« Reply #48 on: 08 July, 2009, 05:45:29 pm »
You would also think that there's a good chance that the concrete hitting the ground, and smashing apart would have broken some bones, which would hurt and/or make mobility difficult for a short while, presumably until the bones repaired themselves.  He just got up and wandered over to the car.

Ah well, I guess it makes better TV that way, poetic license etc

I imagine that they needed something more dramatic, and faster, than some guys with pneumatic drills, and ten minutes of the programme involving them carefully removing the concrete. ;D
Actually, it is rocket science.

« Reply #49 on: 08 July, 2009, 05:51:05 pm »
It very nearly switched back on my, suspended, disbelief.

Too much sand in the mix.  ::-)