Author Topic: Torchwood  (Read 34592 times)

gonzo

Re: Torchwood
« Reply #50 on: 08 July, 2009, 05:55:35 pm »
Why do you think it should have pulled him apart?  Concrete doesn't adhere particularly well to skin.  The forces exerted on the body as a whole would have depended on the position his body was at in the concrete.  If his arms were by his side, then the concrete shell could fairly easily have cracked around the outline - it would only have been a real problem if his arms and legs were outstretched.
I was about to argue the point, then I realised how silly that would have been!

There's also the fact that it would have trapped the hair inside!

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #51 on: 08 July, 2009, 06:39:30 pm »
Quick set concrete doesn't set properly quickly. Errr what I mean is that while it may set, the strength is low until left to cure for a bit. How did Ianto know when to do it? When the alarms went off, + a few minutes faffing. How he got the concrete block out in one undamaged part is something else though.
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Support Equilibrium

« Reply #52 on: 08 July, 2009, 08:42:52 pm »
They only collected a couple of pieces so how many Jacks are growing in the rubble? 

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #53 on: 08 July, 2009, 08:48:06 pm »
Yay for the army of naked Captain Jacks!
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

toekneep

• Its got my name on it.
    • Blog
« Reply #54 on: 08 July, 2009, 08:49:05 pm »
They only collected a couple of pieces so how many Jacks are growing in the rubble? 

I hope they don't go down that road, I am very easily confused by the simplest of storylines. Multiple versions of the same character would simply be too much for me.

andygates

• Peroxide Viking
« Reply #55 on: 08 July, 2009, 09:35:01 pm »
Ooer what do the 456 really look like?  Gagging for the reveal!
It takes blood and guts to be this cool but I'm still just a cliché.
OpenStreetMap UK & IRL Streetmap & Topo: ravenfamily.org/andyg/maps updates weekly.

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #56 on: 08 July, 2009, 09:36:51 pm »
Why would he have a plug of concrete in his lungs?  He saw the concrete coming.  He could have held his breath, knowing that if he died he'd regenerate anyway.
I'm going to use this as a feeble excuse to pea roast this:

Concrete Enema
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #57 on: 08 July, 2009, 10:01:04 pm »
Oooh that was good. I wants the next episode now.
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Support Equilibrium

« Reply #58 on: 08 July, 2009, 10:03:04 pm »
10% seems reasonable.

I hate kids and it not as bad as the VAT & Taxmans percentage  :thumbsup:
OnOne Pickenflick - Tour De Fer 20 - Pinnacle Arkose cx - Charge Cooker maxi2 fatty - GT Zaskar Carbon Expert

« Reply #59 on: 08 July, 2009, 10:03:24 pm »
Ooer what do the 456 really look like?  Gagging for the reveal!

I can't help thinking that it's an impressively cunning advertising campaign by On-One. ;D

It's an alien life-form based on bicycle frames!
Actually, it is rocket science.

Spinners

« Reply #60 on: 08 July, 2009, 10:21:52 pm »
A much better episode tonight  :thumbsup:

I'll forgive the scriptwriters for the line from Frobisher when he introduced himself to the 456 as [insert pompous job title here] "of the United Kingdom and Northern Ireland" (sic).

« Reply #61 on: 08 July, 2009, 10:25:01 pm »
I can't help thinking that it's an impressively cunning advertising campaign by On-One. ;D

It's an alien life-form based on bicycle frames!
I'm overfilled with green bile too!  :sick:

toekneep

• Its got my name on it.
    • Blog
« Reply #62 on: 09 July, 2009, 06:31:48 am »
They don't seem to travel well do they?

I watched the first couple of episodes of Torchwood when it was launched but it didn't do much for me. I have to say that I'm really gripped by this. I presume this is the precursor to a new series on BBC1 based on it's growing success.

« Reply #63 on: 09 July, 2009, 10:54:15 am »

There's also the fact that it would have trapped the hair inside!

AKA a Portland Brazilian.
Quote from: Marbeaux
Have given this a great deal of thought and decided not to contribute to any further Threads for the time being.
POTD. (decade) :thumbsup:

« Reply #64 on: 09 July, 2009, 10:56:12 am »
I watched the first couple of episodes of Torchwood when it was launched but it didn't do much for me. I have to say that I'm really gripped by this. I presume this is the precursor to a new series on BBC1 based on it's growing success.
No according to the RT it was originally going to be a new 13 part series like the last one but BBC1 asked them if they could do it as a 5 part week long event instead. Apparently BBC America (or whatever teh USA arm of teh BBC is called) were livid.
I think you'll find it's a bit more complicated than that.

« Reply #65 on: 09 July, 2009, 12:12:56 pm »

Has 456 got the squits?   :sick:
Have given this a great deal of thought and decided not to contribute to any further Threads for the time being.

andygates

• Peroxide Viking
« Reply #66 on: 09 July, 2009, 12:34:31 pm »
Travel tummy.  I get it flying RyanAir, never mind descending on a pillar of pixels.
It takes blood and guts to be this cool but I'm still just a cliché.
OpenStreetMap UK & IRL Streetmap & Topo: ravenfamily.org/andyg/maps updates weekly.

« Reply #67 on: 09 July, 2009, 12:47:01 pm »

Will 456 demand that the children are screened for 'swine flu' before whisking them away?

Tune in folks to next exciting episode...

« Reply #68 on: 09 July, 2009, 08:14:04 pm »
They don't seem to travel well do they?

Funnily enough my wife has never ever watchd Torchwood (or Dr Who), but caught Monday's episode and is now hooked!

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #69 on: 09 July, 2009, 08:31:32 pm »
How long after airing does it appear on iPlayer? Google says soon after but how soon is soon?

Support Equilibrium

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #70 on: 09 July, 2009, 08:38:42 pm »

Has 456 got the squits?   :sick:

I thought it might have a cold.
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #71 on: 09 July, 2009, 08:41:24 pm »
Why don't they just pump in a gas with the opposite make up and kill the fookers?

Support Equilibrium

Charlotte

• Dissolute libertine
  • Here's to ol' D.H. Lawrence...
    • charlottebarnes.co.uk
« Reply #72 on: 09 July, 2009, 09:19:36 pm »
Presumably because there are many more fookers inna spaceship elsewhere.
Commercial, Editorial and PR Photographer - www.charlottebarnes.co.uk

« Reply #73 on: 09 July, 2009, 10:04:11 pm »
How long after airing does it appear on iPlayer? Google says soon after but how soon is soon?

The HD copy is already up, but not the SD one for some reason.

Methinks that Capt Jack is going to be more than a little pissed of with the 456.  Tomorrows episode should be an interesting resolution.

I wonder if they'll ever explain what the children are wanted for, or whether it'll remain a big mystery.  It's not totally central to the plot.

It was kind of interesting to watch the COBRA discussions, you wonder what they would do if a similar scenario did actually happen!  Could they actually decide to do anything different from what they did, Torchwoods intervention aside?
Actually, it is rocket science.

Adam

• It'll soon be summer
    • Charity ride Durness to Dover 18-25th June 2011
« Reply #74 on: 09 July, 2009, 10:19:53 pm »
Very well written in places.

School league tables....... ::-) ;D
“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving.” -Albert Einstein