Author Topic: Berwyns Rides---June 1 2019---change of start location by 3km  (Read 753 times)

slohill

• still at it
Please note that the start of this event has been moved 3km from Willington Hall to Duddon Village Hall CW6 0EZ at short notice.
The aukweb calender pages have now been updated as from 30 April.  Note that map is a bit out---use post code for location.
There is minimal change to the route---but if you downloaded route sheet or gpx for either event (200k or 130k) you need to scrap this and download the new correct info.
New location has excellent parking if needed and limited catering laid on by our local volunteer staff.  Free brew at start still applies.
Look forward to you joining us on June 1st.
Organiser of  Tour of the Berwyns 200k and Panorama Prospect 130k; Saturday May 20 2023

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
Re: Berwyns Rides---June 1 2019---change of start location by 3km
« Reply #1 on: 30 April, 2019, 07:22:58 pm »
Dave,
I think changing the start location has broken the "Show Start" map thingie:

http://www.aukweb.net/events/detail/19-221/

(Of course maybe you think riders should research the Tarproley area themselves before entering, I don't know ... :) )
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

slohill

• still at it
« Reply #2 on: 30 April, 2019, 11:16:03 pm »
Yes--the start is on Willington Rd. 
Map was correct when I set up calendar page.  Use post code for now which is close enough---CW6 0EZ
Hall is obvious when you get there.
I'll see what can be done to fix this.
Thanks for letting me know.
Organiser of  Tour of the Berwyns 200k and Panorama Prospect 130k; Saturday May 20 2023

slohill

• still at it
« Reply #3 on: 01 May, 2019, 07:51:40 am »
Map OK now---within 100metres.