Author Topic: Multiple routes on one map?  (Read 2322 times)

αdαmsκι

• Instagram @ucfaaay Strava @ucfaaay
  • Look haggard. It sells.
Multiple routes on one map?
« on: 15 April, 2009, 09:46:53 pm »
I generally use gmaps-pedometer.com for creating routes because it has most of the cyclepaths that I use, thus making it easier to create routes. However, I'd like to view multiply routes on one map (eg - route #1 in red, #2 in blue etc.) but that doesn't seem to be possible using gmaps-pedometer. I can export the files as GPX files (using this), so is there a way I can import the GPX data for the various routes onto a single map?
What on earth am I doing here on this beautiful day?! This is the only life I've got!!

https://tyredandhungry.wordpress.com/

frankly frankie

• I kid you not
    • Fuchsiaphile
Re: Multiple routes on one map?
« Reply #1 on: 16 April, 2009, 04:57:19 pm »
I generally use gmaps-pedometer.com for creating routes because it has most of the cyclepaths that I use, thus making it easier to create routes. However, I'd like to view multiply routes on one map (eg - route #1 in red, #2 in blue etc.) but that doesn't seem to be possible using gmaps-pedometer. I can export the files as GPX files (using this), so is there a way I can import the GPX data for the various routes onto a single map?

Its fairly easy to combine the GPX files into one, bigger, GPX file containing multiple Routes and/or Tracks.  You can just do this in a text editor.  Each route should be uniquely named and inside its own pair of <rte></rte> tags.
The GPX standard supports this, but your mapping software or website, whatever it is, may not - some do and many don't, so you can only try it really.  Likewise colours, which I don't think are even part of the GPX standard, but are often added as an 'extension'.
when you're dead you're done, so let the good times roll

αdαmsκι

• Instagram @ucfaaay Strava @ucfaaay
  • Look haggard. It sells.
Re: Multiple routes on one map?
« Reply #2 on: 18 April, 2009, 10:00:07 am »
Cheers for that. It sounds pretty straight forward, so hopefully I'll be able to simply merger the data from the various files into one mega-file and import that into Bikely or some such website.
What on earth am I doing here on this beautiful day?! This is the only life I've got!!

https://tyredandhungry.wordpress.com/