Author Topic: ACME Winter Brevet Populaire Series  (Read 71704 times)

telstarbox

• Loving the lanes
Re: ACME Winter Brevet Populaire Series
« Reply #350 on: 08 January, 2018, 10:07:42 am »
Wonderful, thanks. I had some of the lines in my head while out riding yesterday!
2019 🏅 R1000 and B1000

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #351 on: 11 September, 2018, 11:37:43 am »
Now I've sussed how easy it is to get to Mid-Essex by train from East Kent, I'll try to get over for some of these rides this winter. Just had a quick look at the calendar and can see the 3 R's, Stansted Express and Kelvedon Oyster listed, but not the Knights Templar - is that not running again? Are there any other additions to the series?

Kelvedon Oyster is top of my must-do list - even if they are Essex oysters rather than the superior Kentish ones. ;)
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

huggy

• ACME GCFO +&+ Mr RRtY
    • ACME
« Reply #352 on: 11 September, 2018, 12:53:26 pm »
Just had a quick look at the calendar and can see the 3 R's, Stansted Express and Kelvedon Oyster listed, but not the Knights Templar - is that not running again? Are there any other additions to the series?
The Knights Templar Compasses will most certainly make up the quartet of ACME Anvil Winter Brevets again this season (just need to chase up the promotion to calendar with iddu).  As usual it will be the first Saturday of February - 2nd Feb 2019 @ 10am from the Witham Wetherspoons (Battesford Court).
Be good(y) to see you up this way, citoyen  :thumbsup:
Never knowingly underfed on an Audax

citoyen

« Reply #353 on: 11 September, 2018, 12:56:10 pm »
 :thumbsup:

Can't promise I'll make it for all of them, but I'll try!

huggy

• ACME GCFO +&+ Mr RRtY
    • ACME
« Reply #354 on: 11 September, 2018, 01:43:52 pm »
and as if by magic with a bit of ruffling under the covers, the Knights Templar Compasses ride is on the calendar  :D

« Reply #355 on: 11 September, 2018, 01:51:02 pm »
Can't see the 3Rs on there and Acme.bike needs updating

citoyen

« Reply #356 on: 11 September, 2018, 02:07:44 pm »
Can't see the 3Rs on there

http://www.aukweb.net/events/detail/18-340/

Annoyingly, there are engineering works between Liverpool Street and Ingatestone/Billericay/Barking that weekend.  >:(

« Reply #357 on: 11 September, 2018, 02:14:42 pm »

Kelvedon Oyster is top of my must-do list - even if they are Essex oysters rather than the superior Kentish ones. ;)

It should be top of everyone's to do list and Colchester Natives are clearly superior to anything found in lesser counties of England.
The pleasure of pain endured
To purify our misfit ways

« Reply #358 on: 11 September, 2018, 02:24:32 pm »
Ah three appear if filter set for east Anglia that one is south east.

GdS

• I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass
« Reply #359 on: 16 September, 2020, 09:22:21 am »
I started this series before lockdown hoping to complete this winter with Essex 3Rs and the Kelvedon Oyster. Are either going to run? If not do I get a chance next year?  :)

Tomsk

• Fueled by cake since 1957
    • tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #360 on: 16 September, 2020, 04:53:06 pm »
I started this series before lockdown hoping to complete this winter with Essex 3Rs and the Kelvedon Oyster. Are either going to run? If not do I get a chance next year?  :)

My 2020 Stansted Airport Express 100km is in the AUK planner and the other three may be too by now. There have been a lot of Covid-Proofing hoops to jump through of late, but I'm getting there ... We can run them as very x-rated events with town centre car-park start (with public toilets), if the Labour Club aren't hiring out theirs. Free controls (please don't all descend on the Wetherspoons as usual!*) and a postal finish. Limit of 50 entries, groups of 6 or fewer etc, but you'll see folks on the road or at controls/feeds - mine will be infos all the way round, but lots of shop/cafe/pub feeding opportunities.

* Witham has several of the usual chains: Greggs, Subway etc and also lots of cafes that will be open well before a 10:00 start.

telstarbox

• Loving the lanes
« Reply #361 on: 16 September, 2020, 08:08:35 pm »
I'm aware that another organiser is offering GPX validation for their calendar rides (and free control towns otherwise), if that's something you wanted to consider for ACME?
2019 🏅 R1000 and B1000

« Reply #362 on: 17 September, 2020, 02:53:27 pm »
I can't see the express on the auk calendar?

« Reply #363 on: 17 September, 2020, 03:01:10 pm »
I can't see the express on the auk calendar?

I can't see any of the ACME Winter Series on the Audax UK website.  I have emailed an enquiry...
Proving ambition is undone by ability since 1958...

« Reply #364 on: 17 September, 2020, 03:03:07 pm »
Thought it was just me.... It normally is

« Reply #365 on: 17 September, 2020, 03:08:29 pm »
The planner is where we work on events before they are approved and published. Once an event is published it appears in the audax UK “public” calendar

« Reply #366 on: 17 September, 2020, 03:12:30 pm »
The planner is where we work on events before they are approved and published. Once an event is published it appears in the audax UK “public” calendar

So it's a secret at the moment???
Proving ambition is undone by ability since 1958...

« Reply #367 on: 17 September, 2020, 03:18:26 pm »

So it's a secret at the moment???

Ssssh

GdS

« Reply #368 on: 17 September, 2020, 04:01:22 pm »

Bugger; just checked Planner; it looks like 3R is on the same day as a 200 I've entered  :(

Shiny badge takes preference!

huggy

• ACME GCFO +&+ Mr RRtY
    • ACME
« Reply #369 on: 18 September, 2020, 10:07:03 am »
The dates in the currently unpublished calendar are:
7th November - Essex 3Rs
5th December - Stansted Express
16th January  - Kelvedon Oyster
13th February - Knights Templar Compasses

Usual 10am start, probably from a car park.

I'm aware that another organiser is offering GPX validation for their calendar rides (and free control towns otherwise), if that's something you wanted to consider for ACME?
That will be Organiser choice to offer per event.

huggy

• ACME GCFO +&+ Mr RRtY
    • ACME
« Reply #370 on: 05 October, 2020, 10:27:59 am »
If anyone is disappointed to have missed out on the first of the ACME Winter Anvil Series calendar ride in November due to the field cap of 30 riders be uplifted in the knowledge that the Essex 3R's (and therefore A Little Essex R&R when ridden anticlockwise) route is now available as a perm.  If you ride it within the 2 weeks before or 1 week after the 7th November I'll credit your Winter Anvil Series record 🙂

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #371 on: 05 October, 2020, 10:29:12 am »
If anyone is disappointed to have missed out on the first of the ACME Winter Anvil Series calendar ride in November due to the field cap of 30 riders be uplifted in the knowledge that the Essex 3R's (and therefore A Little Essex R&R when ridden anticlockwise) route is now available as a perm.  If you ride it within the 2 weeks before or 1 week after the 7th November I'll credit your Winter Anvil Series record 🙂

Tell me about the prizes, what's in it for me?  ;D

huggy

• ACME GCFO +&+ Mr RRtY
    • ACME
« Reply #372 on: 05 October, 2020, 10:37:37 am »

Tell me about the prizes, what's in it for me?  ;D
A nice warm feeling of achievement, rather than the nice warm feeling of failure when your incontinance pants leak  :facepalm:

« Reply #373 on: 05 October, 2020, 01:45:19 pm »
Blimey, they went quick, I was waiting for this thread to be updated to say that the events had been published >:(

Looks like a permanent it is then...

GdS

« Reply #374 on: 25 October, 2020, 06:40:34 pm »
Not sure if Graeme is OTP but does anyone know when Kelvedon Oyster is open for business? happy to do it as a perm if that's an option * :)

* even more so if the perm doesn't include an oyster!