Author Topic: Names is for tombstones, baby  (Read 1040 times)

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
Names is for tombstones, baby
« on: 16 March, 2021, 01:42:38 pm »
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

redshift

• High Priestess of wires
    • redshift home
Re: Names is for tombstones, baby
« Reply #1 on: 16 March, 2021, 09:35:07 pm »
Right.
L
:)
Windcheetah No. 176
The all-round entertainer gets quite arsey,
They won't translate his lame shit into Farsi
Somehow to let it go would be more classy…

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #2 on: 17 March, 2021, 07:55:59 pm »
Oh wow, didn't know this:

Following the film's [Alien] success, Kotto turned down a role in Star Wars sequel The Empire Strikes Back because he was wary of becoming typecast in the sci-fi genre.

"I wanted to get back down on Earth," he said in an interview. "I was afraid that if I did another space film after having done Alien, then I'd be typed.

"Once you get one of those big blockbuster hits, you better have some other big blockbuster hits to go with it too and be Harrison Ford, because if you don't… you place yourself right out of the business."

He also said he turned down the role of Captain Jean-Luc Picard, the character made famous by Sir Patrick Stewart in Star Trek: The Next Generation.

"I should have done that, but I walked away," he admitted in 2015. "When you're making movies, you'd tend to say no to TV. It's like when you're in college and someone asks you to the high school dance. You say no."
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

« Reply #3 on: 17 March, 2021, 08:16:43 pm »
"When you're making movies, you'd tend to say no to TV. It's like when you're in college and someone asks you to the high school dance. You say no."

Good advice; I must remember that.
Move Faster and Bake Things

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #4 on: 18 March, 2021, 08:20:39 am »
He would have been awesome as Picard.  A blend of joviality and menace.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.