Author Topic: Travel Insurance Advice  (Read 7019 times)

Re: Travel Insurance Advice
« Reply #25 on: 25 July, 2019, 08:43:24 am »
I have Nationwide Flex Plus Travel Insurance and have just rung their provider UK Travel Insurance. They tell me that as PBP has a time limit they will not cover it and there isn't an upgrade option. Has anyone actually arranged cover that promises to tick the boxes for PBP?

https://www.dogtag.com/

I spoke to them and they specifically cover PBP and talked me through levels of cover etc.

Ben T

« Reply #26 on: 29 July, 2019, 10:46:16 pm »
I emailed them and they said they've passed it over to their underwriting team and that I need Sport+ .
Got it in an email so they can't wriggle out..

cyclinggeezer

• Cyclinggeezer
« Reply #27 on: 31 July, 2019, 12:00:14 pm »
If you ring the British Insurance Brokers Insurance Association 0370 9501790 and get them to search the whole market it is possible to get quite affordable cover for PBP. Cover under hazardous events

I got Gold Cover with "Infinity" for £23.68 with all the "bells and whistles" having explained in some detail what PBP was.

« Reply #28 on: 31 July, 2019, 02:02:38 pm »
WorldNomads.com confirmed that PBP is a level 1 activity so is automatically covered in their Standard and Explorer Plans. However there is no cover for Personal Liability while on the event. Explorer cost was €32.23

« Reply #29 on: 02 August, 2019, 09:43:07 am »
Anyone use Bikmo? It's half the price of Snowcard (for me, at least) for a single trip and PBP is covered under its standard policy (I called to check), but there's no personal liability cover.

Cycling and cycle touring is covered free of charge on all Bikmo policies, however you will not be covered for any triathlon, duathlon, aquabike, cycling race or any other cycling event which:
• is defined as competitive by British Cycling or the event organiser; or
• is ranked by result or for which any prize or competitive score is awarded.

There's a 10% discount for British Cycling members, too (which is how I first found them).