Author Topic: How wrong does this look?  (Read 5015 times)

Re: How wrong does this look?
« Reply #25 on: 23 October, 2017, 08:52:38 am »
Looks wrong, get a new bike! Start over again.

Aunt Maud

• Le Flâneur.
« Reply #26 on: 23 October, 2017, 08:54:06 am »

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #27 on: 23 October, 2017, 10:54:04 am »
and here it is, in all its mismatched latte macchiato glory with the front guard trimmed to give a bit more ground clearance.

Well, it does look a bit better with both on...

(Me mum always said I was too kind.)
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

« Reply #28 on: 23 October, 2017, 10:02:35 pm »
Well, I took it out in public today... when people stopped and stared in disbelief and asked me WTF...? I explained with the sort of pride that only a doting parent of an ugly child can muster, that it was in fact a GT Grade Greige ;D

Most of the stuff I say is true because I saw it in a dream and I don't have the presence of mind to make up lies when I'm asleep.   Bryan Andreas

« Reply #29 on: 07 May, 2018, 10:21:07 pm »
As much as I grew fond of the "greige" look, I finally got round to rebuilding the Jamis which was the bike I had in mind when I originally bought the mudguards... at a knock down price... because of the colour :thumbsup:
Most of the stuff I say is true because I saw it in a dream and I don't have the presence of mind to make up lies when I'm asleep.   Bryan Andreas

« Reply #30 on: 07 May, 2018, 11:35:48 pm »
If your careful, you can drill the rivets and move the mounting bracket.

I did it on a build once as the forks only had a bolt on the back.

They look wrong in that colour, sand them and spray satin black

dim

« Reply #31 on: 08 May, 2018, 08:29:24 am »
I bought a pair of longboards at a bargain price from a LBS, the owner said he'd reduced them because people only want black or silver mudguards.  Hmmm, although I'm one to favour function over style I'm not sure if this is a step too far :-[  I'm telling myself the overall look might be better when I fit the rear one?

nice bike! .... I had the GT Grade on my 'wish list', but could not find a used one in my size for the budget I had ... so I ended up getting a Whyte Suffolk

The GT Grade gets good reviews

Fit some Compass Stampede Pass tyres and you will have a smooth ride

“No great mind has ever existed without a touch of madness.” - Aristotle