Author Topic: New Dinottes  (Read 5604 times)

Re: New Dinottes
« Reply #25 on: 25 July, 2008, 09:58:41 am »
It sounds like they've done something daft like charged VAT on £'s even though the value should be in $'s.  road-runner, make sure you keep hold of every bit of paper/label associated with the delivery, you can appeal against it.
Actually, it is rocket science.

« Reply #26 on: 25 July, 2008, 12:40:53 pm »
my PF bill was only £40 ???

But as the man says his bill was for 2 lights.

The bit that worries me is that whenever I have bought anything, Dinottes included, with this type of battery, there is always sufficient residual charge to run the device before I charge it up.

I'll keep my credit card in my pocket and watch this space.

To be honest I'd have preferred it if they had devised some improved brackets for the older 140 rear light as that is more than sufficient, apart from lack of mounting options.

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #27 on: 25 July, 2008, 01:36:46 pm »
When I brought my 600Ls they came with a travel adapter.

Pluck, they do a nice little bracket for the oring lights, I've got one on the fixie.
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Support Equilibrium

« Reply #28 on: 25 July, 2008, 01:43:57 pm »
Ah, if it was two lights then the duty etc sounds a bit more realistic, still irritating though, and it sounds like Parcel Force charge a whacking great big fee to handle it (this bit always annoys me, £13-50 isn't too bad if you've just spent £1000, but if it's a £20 DVD that hardly seems fair).  The duty rate sounds like it was different, but that's probably not worth the effort of arguing about. :-\

The bracket for the original rear is OK, but it's still based on elastic bands, so every time you refit it (which is every day for me), you have to fiddle to align things up.  Most £10 cheapo rear lights are easier to mount than that.  I understand Dinotte's argument about flexibility and simplicity etc, which is fine if you use it once a week, but I find the rubber band arrangement bloody annoying, fiddly, and frankly a bit cheap for a £100 rear light.
Actually, it is rocket science.

Dave

« Reply #29 on: 25 July, 2008, 05:58:02 pm »
OK. They've arrived.

A lot of brackets. A lot.

More substantial than before, it appears. In fact, so substantial that to change the bracket involves removing two screws. No rubber strips though :(

The 'manual' is a small piece of yellow paper which (a) tells you how to switch the unit on and (b) tells you to go and download the proper manual from the website. Except that there doesn't appear to be a manual for the 400 on the website ::-)

The piece of paper says "batteries... require overnight charging the first time", but doesn't, bizarrely, give any indication of the procedure for charging them ::-)

Anyhoo. There is enough charge in one of the batteries in my box for me to test the lights. They are bright. Really bright. No, really bright. If-I-catch-you-with-them-on-flash-in-the-rain-on-a-FNRttC-you'll-be-wearing-them-rectally bright.

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #30 on: 25 July, 2008, 05:59:17 pm »
I prefer it to brackets and think it's great. Just goes to show you can't please everyone.
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Support Equilibrium