Can't wait   ;D

And I've just found this:
http://www.cyberthing.net/video-play.php?id=71
Genius. Absolute genius.

andygates

• Peroxide Viking
Re: Wall-e
« Reply #1 on: 04 April, 2008, 08:46:37 pm »
That was my first driving test, that was.
It takes blood and guts to be this cool but I'm still just a cliché.
OpenStreetMap UK & IRL Streetmap & Topo: ravenfamily.org/andyg/maps updates weekly.

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #2 on: 20 July, 2008, 12:47:09 pm »
Saw it last night, top movie, great fun, sad, funny, clever, beautiful made, yup again a top movie buy the disney/pixar team, go and see it !!!
Current mood: AARRRGGGGHHHHH !!! #bollockstobrexit

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #3 on: 20 July, 2008, 03:22:24 pm »
I might go see it tonight
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Support Equilibrium

Adam

• It'll soon be summer
    • Charity ride Durness to Dover 18-25th June 2011
« Reply #4 on: 20 July, 2008, 11:11:23 pm »
I took my son & 5 of his mates to see it, on Friday afternoon, for his 11th birthday. 

It's your traditional story that you've seen so many times before.  A robot all on his own, going about his everyday job, when into his life appears a very attractive lady robot, and they have some fun together but she isn't that interested in him.  She is taken away, so he then chases after her and manages to find her again.  When he almost gets himself destroyed, she realises how much she likes him as well, and they all live happily ever after.  The end.

Well it's a bit more than that.  It's a very good story, with excellent animation, and some really biting satire on US culture, so we really enjoyed it.   :thumbsup:
“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving.” -Albert Einstein

RainOrShine

« Reply #5 on: 23 July, 2008, 12:53:29 pm »
Any film that can captivate a cinema full of kids and adults despite there being no dialogue whatsoever in the first twenty minutes or so is doing something right.

We saw a preview show of this, and it was great.  Funny sad, beautifully animated, enough to keep the grown ups as well as the kids interested (age 6 and 4).  I particularly liked the scene when they were floating in space, with Wall-E using a fire extinguisher as a propulsion device.

Plus, it's worth the entry price for the pixar short before the film, about a magician and his hungry rabbit.  A classic...

Martin

« Reply #6 on: 23 July, 2008, 07:22:35 pm »
Just seen it; genius

Go

gonzo

« Reply #7 on: 23 July, 2008, 07:28:18 pm »
I really enjoyed it too although I wasn't quite sure why!

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #8 on: 23 July, 2008, 07:30:11 pm »
I'm sorry, but Wall-E == Number Five.

Short Circuit (1986)
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

Martin

« Reply #9 on: 23 July, 2008, 07:32:35 pm »
I'm sorry, but Wall-E == Number Five.

Short Circuit (1986)

Yes there's a lot of that in it, also ET, and with the pure white American world (albiet in space) When Worlds Collide  :-\

(actually in the truly awful final scene of WWC I thought the planet was supposed to already be inhabited)

When Worlds Collide (1951)

Pixar have definitely put animation back in the cinema (unlike most of the garbage trailers apart from Ice Age 3 which I'm not going to see after superb original and awful sequel)

αdαmsκι

• Instagram @ucfaaay Strava @ucfaaay
  • Look haggard. It sells.
« Reply #10 on: 25 July, 2008, 10:32:55 am »
I went to see this straight from work having had a crap day, which meant I wasn't really in the right frame of mood to see a film.  I enjoyed it in parts, but did find it dragging along in parts.  It's cleverly done considering the lack of dialog in the film.  The robots are strangely human, which is due to their faces.  The spaceship that people live on made me think of A Brave New World.

On the whole, tho I wasn't that impressed with it.  I didn't find it that funny compared to other animation films that I've seen and IMO some of the other offerings by Pixar are much better: Monsters Inc., Finding Nemo, The Incredible, Ratatouille. 
What on earth am I doing here on this beautiful day?! This is the only life I've got!!

https://tyredandhungry.wordpress.com/

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #11 on: 25 July, 2008, 10:43:17 am »
Sounds like it might be a winner for TLD's first cinema trip.  If you want to see a great animated short, with no dialogue, check out Big Buck Bunny (Big Buck Bunny  ).  It's funny and great for kids (TLD loves it), it has been put together on totally open source software, supported by the Blender Foundation.  Make sure you watch right to the very end though(there is a final few seconds after the credits)
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

« Reply #12 on: 25 July, 2008, 10:44:44 am »
Saw it last night, top movie, great fun, sad, funny, clever, beautiful made, yup again a top movie buy the disney/pixar team, go and see it !!!
Agreed. It was amazing. Very touching.

And my new Enigma now takes her name from one of the robots.  ;)

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #13 on: 25 July, 2008, 10:50:06 am »
Oh good - it has a name.   That kind of indicates you're happy with it now, after all that you've been through.  That makes me smile :)
Getting there...

Mike J

• Guinea Pig Person
« Reply #14 on: 26 July, 2008, 06:35:14 pm »
We went to see it this afternoon, and we really enjoyed it  :thumbsup:

Flying_Monkey

« Reply #15 on: 26 July, 2008, 11:08:16 pm »
I'm not a huge fan of Pixar but Wall-E was quite beautiful in parts, moving and very clever.

Mike J

• Guinea Pig Person
« Reply #16 on: 27 July, 2008, 12:32:01 pm »
I'm not a huge fan of Pixar but Wall-E was quite beautiful in parts, moving and very clever.

Especially when you consider how easy it was to understand, but had very minimal dialogue in places.

Flying_Monkey

« Reply #17 on: 27 July, 2008, 02:58:37 pm »

Especially when you consider how easy it was to understand, but had very minimal dialogue in places.

I would have prefered it had they dispensed with all dialogue (indeed all humanity...)  ;)

Martin

« Reply #18 on: 27 July, 2008, 03:01:00 pm »
I would have prefered it had they dispensed with all dialogue (indeed all humanity...)  ;)

Yebbut it wouldn't have had a story apart from "boy robot meets girl robot and exchanges hydraulic fluids"

Mike J

• Guinea Pig Person
« Reply #19 on: 27 July, 2008, 04:46:09 pm »

Yebbut it wouldn't have had a story apart from "boy robot meets girl robot and exchanges hydraulic fluids"

The ship full of humans would have been weird without dialogue.

« Reply #20 on: 27 July, 2008, 11:09:10 pm »
We went as a family this evening. I thought it was OK, 10 year old son wasn't that impressed, my wife didn't like it but 12 year old daughter loved it. A while back her favourite movie was IronMan!
What's this bottom line for anyway?

Flying_Monkey

« Reply #21 on: 28 July, 2008, 09:14:39 am »
The ship full of humans would have been weird without dialogue.

I'd have preferred a ship full of robots in the context of the film... I appreciate what they were saying with the humans, but it would have been braver to do something really radical... anyway, I know, it's a kids' film.