Author Topic: White Stuff's new shop in Embra  (Read 588 times)

Rig of Jarkness

• An Englishman abroad
White Stuff's new shop in Embra
« on: 20 November, 2010, 06:12:24 pm »
Mrs C and I have just returned from spending what felt like most of the afternoon, and a small fortune, in the new flagship White Stuff emporium in George Street.  What a shop !  I've certainly never been into anything like it.  The changing rooms in particular need checking out - the gents are in the guise of run down garden sheds, complete with ancient transistor radios, rusty garden tools and 'retro' calendars on the back of the doors  (from the Sun - say no more !)  Upstairs the women's rooms are even more bizarre, from the outside they look like wardrobes, then you step through the wardrobe into a variety of themed rooms.  I know this cos the sales assistant suggested that I accompany Mrs C inside - a suggestion I was very happy to follow.  We found ourselves in a teenage girl's bedroom circa 1970, very pink and complete with a poster of the Bay City Rollers and the obligatory Jackie like annual.  There seemed to be approx 8 further wardrobes to check out.  We heard another customer saying that one of them is decked out as a bathroom - could be embarrassing if not clearly labelled as for decoration only  ;D   By the way, the clothes aren't bad either !
Aero but not dynamic