Author Topic: What was the last film you watched?  (Read 955068 times)

Re: What was the last film you watched?
« Reply #2125 on: 29 January, 2012, 01:53:28 pm »
Bee Movie

Last night on BBC3.
Animated film with a good moral story line.

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
« Reply #2126 on: 29 January, 2012, 01:58:08 pm »
Starship Troopers.

Now I remember why we referred to it as Space 90210.
;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup:

LindaG

« Reply #2127 on: 29 January, 2012, 05:12:55 pm »
Eat, Pray, Love.  I liked it.  Bit of a fan of Julia Roberts, actually.  Nice hair.

lou boutin

• Les chaussures sont ma vie.
« Reply #2128 on: 29 January, 2012, 05:57:00 pm »
Eat, Pray, Love.  I liked it.  Bit of a fan of Julia Roberts, actually.  Nice hair.

I loved that film too.

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #2129 on: 29 January, 2012, 06:12:26 pm »
Currently watching The Human Centipede.
Odd you should say that; I was, only 10minutes ago, toying (boom-tish) with the idea of recreating it using Miss Z's Rapunzel, Barbie and Snow White and then photographing the result for forum consumption.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

LindaG

« Reply #2130 on: 29 January, 2012, 06:14:12 pm »

I loved that film too.

:)

Have you read the book?

lou boutin

« Reply #2131 on: 29 January, 2012, 06:51:17 pm »

I loved that film too.

Have you read the book?

Not yet; but hope to soon.

LindaG

« Reply #2132 on: 29 January, 2012, 06:56:16 pm »

I loved that film too.

Have you read the book?

Me too!

Wanna come to RomeVenice Lou?  We can eat pasta, drink wine, get lost and find ourselves ...   :D

lou boutin

« Reply #2133 on: 29 January, 2012, 07:27:10 pm »

I loved that film too.

Have you read the book?

Me too!

Wanna come to RomeVenice Lou?  We can eat pasta, drink wine, get lost and find ourselves ...   :D

Sounds utterly divine  :thumbsup:

David Martin

• Thats Dr Oi You thankyouverymuch
« Reply #2134 on: 29 January, 2012, 07:34:58 pm »
Watching Age of Dragons right now. Crap, isn't it. Vinny Jones and Danny Glover doing a ripoff of Moby Dick.
"By creating we think. By living we learn" - Patrick Geddes

« Reply #2135 on: 29 January, 2012, 07:36:33 pm »
Went to see The Artist last night with Mrs BF - thoroughly enjoyed it despite some misgivings (I wanted to see J Edgar!)

The little dog is a star  :)

spindrift

« Reply #2136 on: 30 January, 2012, 10:15:21 pm »
Went to see The Artist last night with Mrs BF - thoroughly enjoyed it despite some misgivings (I wanted to see J Edgar!)

The little dog is a star  :)

Beware, there's some bootleg dvds going round of The Artist, they're in black and white and silent!

Carnage is awfully good, four brilliant actors and Jodie Foster is terrific.

« Reply #2137 on: 01 February, 2012, 12:32:23 pm »
The Descendants - absolutely loved it, excellent couple of hours not-to-demanding entertainment. Sergeant Pluck recommends  :)

LindaG

« Reply #2138 on: 02 February, 2012, 07:11:35 am »
Habemas Papam.  (We Have A Pope, tbc).

Very funny, very quirky film, with a surprise ending.  I don't think I'd watch it again. 

But I might.

If you've ever had anything to do with the dressing-up, ritual and high camp of church there are bits in this that are just hilarious.

arabella

• عربللا
  • onwendeð wyrda gesceaft weoruld under heofonum
« Reply #2139 on: 03 February, 2012, 01:52:53 pm »
'everything is OK'
I discovered that copyright permissions for the mosfilm archives says anyone can copy it, so there is a lot of stuff on line, some classics and some less well known.  includes Alexander Nevsky and Ivan the T.  Haven'y found John the B yet, that was deffo weird when I saw it (It was on at Cannes, my grandfather and I ambled along.  I forget the year).

I hope to finish flammen und citronen before it gets taken off iplayer.  It's Danish, except where it's german, the subtitles don't differentiate so it was great having a bit where I could understand.  It seems I have got used to Swedish too (courtesy of Wallander I suppose), as recognised the change when that was in use, briefly.
Any fool can admire a mountain.  It takes real discernment to appreciate the fens.

« Reply #2140 on: 03 February, 2012, 04:51:27 pm »
'everything is OK'
I discovered that copyright permissions for the mosfilm archives says anyone can copy it, so there is a lot of stuff on line, some classics and some less well known.  includes Alexander Nevsky and Ivan the T.  Haven'y found John the B yet, that was deffo weird when I saw it (It was on at Cannes, my grandfather and I ambled along.  I forget the year).

I hope to finish flammen und citronen before it gets taken off iplayer.  It's Danish, except where it's german, the subtitles don't differentiate so it was great having a bit where I could understand.  It seems I have got used to Swedish too (courtesy of Wallander I suppose), as recognised the change when that was in use, briefly.

Would it be this site that one can watch various films from the archive?

www.cinema.mosfilm.ru

Oh good, has 'Come and See', one of my absolute recommended war films, with Germans in Byelorussia and a boy who survives against the odds. Very lyrical and dreamlike.

Frere

LindaG

« Reply #2141 on: 03 February, 2012, 07:27:17 pm »
Les Emotifs Anonymes (Romantics Anonymous)

Oh, I do love an old-fashioned love story, especially when combined with chocolate and a bit of sauce.  I may be wrong here, but this may not be a blokes' film.  Not a single man in the cinema.  Oh, but it was lovely, and funny, and whimsical.

Flawed, though, in that some of the minor characters could have been expanded a smidge, and it would have helped the plot.

Left with a big smile on my face anyway.

LindaG

« Reply #2142 on: 03 February, 2012, 08:07:50 pm »
The Descendants - absolutely loved it, excellent couple of hours not-to-demanding entertainment. Sergeant Pluck recommends  :)

Thanks Sergeant Pluck, I shall definitely watch that, it looks like my kind of thing.

AlbionLass

« Reply #2143 on: 04 February, 2012, 06:27:40 pm »
Dog Soldiers, again...watched it last night and I'll be watching it again tonight. It gets me like that sometimes. Need a Sean Pertwee injection and the cast/crew commentary on the dvd is hilarious.

lou boutin

« Reply #2144 on: 04 February, 2012, 06:39:02 pm »
I'm looking forward to the release of 'A Dangerous Method'. I have seen 'Keeper of Souls' so it will be interesting to see how the Jung and Speilrein relationship is approached in this film.

« Reply #2145 on: 05 February, 2012, 09:30:56 am »
Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy.   Don't watch this film if you're a little tired - it's getting late and you don't know/forgotten the story.   ;)  I periodically got lost with names - who was who, and also because mini ao had a cold and kept on getting up - we had to have the volume on low-ish and I so I lost some of the dialogue at times.  Sombre and sometimes confusing (for me) - but well done; should watch it again (but haven't got time).  Gary Oldman was very good I thought, admirably poker-faced. 
Cycle and recycle.   SS Wilson

« Reply #2146 on: 05 February, 2012, 09:38:59 am »
The Swedish version of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. I was expecting better, because it lacked that Nordic sense of isolation and tried too hard to be The Da Vinci Code for me. They cut too much out from the book and removed one central character altogether. I've got the other two in the trilogy to watch and I'll make the effort, but I hope things improve.

Is it too much to ask DVD producers to have a "no subtitles" option?
Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Robson, Crapper, Dewhurst, Macintyre, Treadmore, Davitt.

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #2147 on: 05 February, 2012, 09:37:26 pm »
The Time-Traveler's Wife is on ch4 just now. I saw it at the pictures when it came out. I love the book but the film is absolutely insipid.
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

« Reply #2148 on: 06 February, 2012, 08:36:22 am »
Beautiful animated film about surviving at the end of the world.   

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0472033/
Just someone's butler

fuzzy

« Reply #2149 on: 06 February, 2012, 09:11:21 am »
The Lady Vanishes- 1938 B&W version satrring Margaret Lockwood and Michael Redgrave.

A cracking bit of early Hitchcock magic.