Author Topic: What was the last film you watched?  (Read 954185 times)

Re: What was the last film you watched?
« Reply #2950 on: 03 February, 2013, 03:17:55 pm »
Stop saying that!
Actually, it is rocket science.

spindrift

« Reply #2951 on: 03 February, 2013, 03:26:48 pm »
Wild Bill, very touching and funny. Dexter Fletcher off Press Gang directed.

StuAff

• Folding not boring
« Reply #2952 on: 03 February, 2013, 03:30:19 pm »
Yesterday, Wanted (completely bonkers, but rather good with it). Right now, The Princess Bride. As joyous as ever.

Wascally Weasel

• Slayer of Dragons and killer of threads.
« Reply #2953 on: 03 February, 2013, 04:41:03 pm »
Yesterday Lincoln, followed by Django Unchained (again).

Today, Ruthless People.

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #2954 on: 03 February, 2013, 05:08:04 pm »
127 Hours.
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #2955 on: 03 February, 2013, 05:10:22 pm »
Yesterday was Hotel Transylvania and Ted, today Dredd.
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

LindaG

« Reply #2956 on: 04 February, 2013, 09:05:28 am »
Flight. Starring Denzel Washington.

It wasn't at all what I thought it would be and I suspect the same was true for a lot of people in the full cinema last night. 

However it was excellent. One of the most interesting things was the audience reaction. I wonder how different it would have been in a mid-west Amercan town, compared to drink-and-drug blighted Middlesbrough, where a night out usually ends with vomit on your shoes and being threatened by half naked girls at the taxi rank.

fuzzy

« Reply #2957 on: 04 February, 2013, 09:08:02 am »
Due to having to get some sleep, I didn't get to se the whope film but, I had an hour of Gia last night.

I know I lust after Angelina and this film doesn't help dispell that lust but, she can act!

I always thought she could but this film proves it.

Juan Martín

• Consigo mi abrigo
« Reply #2958 on: 04 February, 2013, 09:14:43 am »
Last night - Moon. Pretty good I thought!

« Reply #2959 on: 04 February, 2013, 09:16:33 am »
Django unchained on saturday night.  Lots of tarantino nonsense, about as historically accurate as kill bill; loved it.

« Reply #2960 on: 04 February, 2013, 09:22:03 am »
The Hobbit. Not my cup of tea...
Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Robson, Crapper, Dewhurst, Macintyre, Treadmore, Davitt.

« Reply #2961 on: 04 February, 2013, 10:26:10 am »
Source Code was on telly last night. I thought it was great. And I really really loved the references to Quantum Leap that he snuck in.

Jacomus

• My favourite gender neutral pronoun is comrade
« Reply #2962 on: 04 February, 2013, 10:30:28 am »
Due to having to get some sleep, I didn't get to se the whope film but, I had an hour of Gia last night.

I know I lust after Angelina and this film doesn't help dispell that lust but, she can act!

I always thought she could but this film proves it.

Aye, I watched that film at uni. It really is superb.
"The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity." Amelia Earhart

Jacomus

« Reply #2963 on: 04 February, 2013, 10:30:46 am »
Source Code was on telly last night. I thought it was great. And I really really loved the references to Quantum Leap that he snuck in.

We recorded it :)
"The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity." Amelia Earhart

Andrew

« Reply #2964 on: 04 February, 2013, 02:10:14 pm »
Foxfire (the new one, not the one with Angelina Jolie)

Too long with characters bordering on stereotypes but none-the-less an enjoyable and thought provoking film that worked for me.

LEE

« Reply #2965 on: 04 February, 2013, 04:22:14 pm »

Watched it, enjoyed it.

12 Monkeys meets Groundhog Day. (I like both of those films so that's a good thing)

marcusjb

• Full of bon courage.
« Reply #2966 on: 04 February, 2013, 04:25:15 pm »

Watched about half of it before I needed to go to bed - recorded the rest to watch tonight I hope as it was all very enjoyable so far!
Right! What's next?

Ooooh. That sounds like a daft idea.  I am in!

« Reply #2967 on: 05 February, 2013, 11:02:51 am »
1. Moonrise Kingdom

Beautifully shot, silly story with intelligent script, in much the same way as that other Wes Anderson film Darjeeling Unlimited.

2. Last Chance Harvey

Laughably predictable formulaic romantic comedy, with added British accents and bits of London. Emma Thompson and Dustin Hoffman are as good as you might expect, but why on earth did they agree to do it?
Quote from: tiermat
that's not science, it's semantics.

« Reply #2968 on: 05 February, 2013, 11:11:22 am »
1. Moonrise Kingdom

Beautifully shot, silly story with intelligent script, in much the same way as that other Wes Anderson film Darjeeling Unlimited.

Saw that at cinema. Wonderful quirky performances, I bet they had a real hoot making it.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

Jacomus

« Reply #2969 on: 05 February, 2013, 11:34:21 am »

Watched it, enjoyed it.

12 Monkeys meets Groundhog Day. (I like both of those films so that's a good thing)

It was cool and fun in a brain-off way, we enjoyed it.

It also reminded me how much I like 'overflight' type intros to movies.

« Reply #2970 on: 05 February, 2013, 12:16:49 pm »
1. Moonrise Kingdom

Saw that at cinema. Wonderful quirky performances, I bet they had a real hoot making it.

Yes, according to the imdb trivia the cast all ended up moving out of their hotel rooms and into the mansion the director had booked for editing.

And 'Suzy' got to keep the cat afterwards.
Quote from: tiermat
that's not science, it's semantics.

Wascally Weasel

• Slayer of Dragons and killer of threads.
« Reply #2971 on: 05 February, 2013, 11:56:44 pm »
Flight. 20 minutes or so of awesome followed by musings on God, rehab and 12 Step programmes.

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #2972 on: 06 February, 2013, 11:07:29 pm »
Not for the first time, American Pie.  It's not deep, it's not refined, you won't learn anything from watching it, but it is exceptionally funny and very well acted, particularly the scene with Finch and Stifler's Mom.  Surprisingly, the last cinema release (American Reunion) was almost as good, although I have studiously avoided the straight-to-video spinoffs.

The first American Pie was brilliant. It actually had a soul, carefully hidden underneath the (very funny) crude bits. I made the mistake of watching the first sequel. It was appalling. Witless and unamusing. I gave up after half an hour. Haven't seen the new one yet. Is it really that good?

I'm now watching an intriguing little piece called "Frankenhooker" on the Horror Channel... My god, did someone actually make this film? So far, our hero's girlfriend has been killed by a lawnmower. Luckily, he salvaged her head. Then a load of prostitutes smoked some dodgy crystal meth and exploded... Something is telling me it's time for bed.

d.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

LindaG

« Reply #2973 on: 07 February, 2013, 07:55:28 am »
American Gangster.

Probably better than Frankenhooker though I haven't seen that particular film.

Denzel plays likeable psychopath Frank Lucas and is challenged by Russell Crowe as an honest cop. Entertaining stuff but a bit gory.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #2974 on: 07 February, 2013, 09:54:13 am »
I'm now watching an intriguing little piece called "Frankenhooker" on the Horror Channel... My god, did someone actually make this film? So far, our hero's girlfriend has been killed by a lawnmower.

Yay, Lawnmower DETH!
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime