Author Topic: What was the last film you watched?  (Read 926176 times)

LEE

Re: What was the last film you watched?
« Reply #850 on: 24 December, 2010, 01:08:04 pm »
300… haven't seen that much homo-eroticism since the volleyball scene in Top Gun.

There is a minor cult for setting 300 to It's Raining Men. I encountered it because I thought of doing a treatment of the wet PBP footage, honest. This is a short version.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ONRUwwLrAa0&rel=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/ONRUwwLrAa0&rel=1</a>

"I was just doing research" is what Pete Townsend used...unsuccessfully.

« Reply #851 on: 24 December, 2010, 01:17:40 pm »
300… haven't seen that much homo-eroticism since the volleyball scene in Top Gun.

There is a minor cult for setting 300 to It's Raining Men. I encountered it because I thought of doing a treatment of the wet PBP footage, honest. This is a short version.

YouTube
      - Broadcast Yourself.

"I was just doing research" is what Pete Townsend used...unsuccessfully.

It has been said that the LEL video has camp elements, I must be channeling my Mother's innate theatricality, but it originated with a suggestion of 'Over the Rainbow' from on here.

I've just found a copy of Yes Remixes in a shop in Preston, so look foward to techno-prog background music.
Yes Remixes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

itsbruce

• Lavender Bike Menace
« Reply #852 on: 24 December, 2010, 01:32:04 pm »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ONRUwwLrAa0&rel=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/ONRUwwLrAa0&rel=1</a>

Reminds me of <a href="http://www.koreus.com/video/wow-village-elves" target="_blank">http://www.koreus.com/video/wow-village-elves</a>, for some reason.  (Recoverying WoW player, been clean for 3 years now).
I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving hysterical naked: Allen Ginsberg
The best minds of my generation are thinking about how to make people click ads: Jeff Hammerbacher

LEE

« Reply #853 on: 26 December, 2010, 03:02:03 pm »
Toy Story 3

My Daughter got it on DVD so we just watched it again.  It's just a superb film, PIXAR get it spot on don't they? Story is everything but their attention to detail is incredible, from the shadows on individual blades of grass at a technical level, to Woody putting a sheet of toilet paper on the seat before climbing onto it at a storyline level.  Things you don't necessarily see on first viewing and things you wouldn't really miss if they weren't there, but they are, and it shows what PIXAR think about their films.

9/10 on the LEE scale

Clandy

« Reply #854 on: 26 December, 2010, 05:03:31 pm »
Inception… just now. Going to make a cup of tea and watch it again shortly, try to unravel the macramé plot.

Gandalf

• Each snowflake in an avalanche pleads not guilty
« Reply #855 on: 27 December, 2010, 09:34:12 am »
Revolver.  Guy Ritchie has done some self indulgent crap in the past but this takes the biscuit.

It seems to me he was trying to emulate the infinitely superior ' The Usual Suspects' and has failed utterly.  

Is there some unwritten law somewhere that he cannot make a film without  Jason 'Cuprinol' Statham in it?

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #856 on: 27 December, 2010, 09:36:41 am »
Halfway through "The Blue Max" at the moment.  It's rather good.

Was Manfred von Richthofen the coolest person ever?
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

« Reply #857 on: 27 December, 2010, 10:22:42 am »
Local Hero. Brilliantly understated humour. I always know when the lemon squeezing scene is coming and I always can't help laughing.

I watched Three Colours Red the day before yesterday, and I'm coming to the conclusion that Blue is by far the best in the trilogy.
Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Robson, Crapper, Dewhurst, Macintyre, Treadmore, Davitt.

LindaG

« Reply #858 on: 27 December, 2010, 11:13:38 am »
High Society.

Crosby, Sinatra, Kelly, Armstrong.

My Christmas has finally started.

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #859 on: 27 December, 2010, 04:28:36 pm »
Stranger Than Fiction - with Will Ferrell, Emma Thompson, Maggie Gyllenhaal and Dustin Hoffman

A classic lightweight rom-com for christmas. (And Dustin Hoffman dressed as Bilbo baggins).
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #860 on: 27 December, 2010, 05:56:23 pm »
Revisited the wonderful Short Cuts last night. Didn't mean to stay up until the end (it finished at nearly 1am) but got drawn in.

The unintentionally hilarious imdb parental guide serves as an excellent plot summary: Short Cuts (1993) - Parents Guide

d.

"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

Clandy

« Reply #861 on: 27 December, 2010, 06:13:11 pm »
This afternoon Forbidden Planet on BluRay. Brilliant piece of classic sci-fi. Tonight will be The Day The Earth Stood Still. (the Michael Rennie original, not the appalling Canoe Reeves remake). That will be followed by The Rocky Horror Picture Show.

itsbruce

• Lavender Bike Menace
« Reply #862 on: 27 December, 2010, 08:08:33 pm »
not the appalling Canoe Reeves remake

Almost anything with him in it is bad.  He's not an actor, he's a plank of wood.
I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving hysterical naked: Allen Ginsberg
The best minds of my generation are thinking about how to make people click ads: Jeff Hammerbacher

« Reply #863 on: 27 December, 2010, 08:19:21 pm »
This afternoon Forbidden Planet on BluRay. Brilliant piece of classic sci-fi. Tonight will be The Day The Earth Stood Still. (the Michael Rennie original, not the appalling Canoe Reeves remake). That will be followed by The Rocky Horror Picture Show.

Can I come over to your place, Clandy? :D
Have you seen my blog? It has words. And pictures! http://ablogofallthingskathy.blogspot.com/

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #864 on: 27 December, 2010, 08:24:19 pm »
That does sound like a good schedule.  Last one we saw was Holy Grail last night.
Getting there...

Manotea

• Where there is doubt...
« Reply #865 on: 27 December, 2010, 08:31:54 pm »
Armageddon. What a roller-coaster ride of Complete Bollocks and One Liners that is  :thumbsup:.

Yup, but there's no doubting that Liv Tyler is fully hot.

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #866 on: 27 December, 2010, 09:52:12 pm »
I'm about to watch "Nude Nuns with Big Guns" my guess is it's going to be every bit as great as Bitch Slap.
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Support Equilibrium

Flying_Monkey

« Reply #867 on: 28 December, 2010, 10:06:11 am »
Inception… just now. Going to make a cup of tea and watch it again shortly, try to unravel the macramé plot.

It's not that difficult... the only baffling thing about it is why so many people think it is such a clever film (or even any good).

I saw The Illusionist the other night (the one with Edward Norton). Quite well done all round, I thought. Bonus points for the superb mustaches.

rogerzilla

« Reply #868 on: 28 December, 2010, 10:49:24 am »
Armageddon. What a roller-coaster ride of Complete Bollocks and One Liners that is  :thumbsup:.

Yup, but there's no doubting that Liv Tyler is fully hot.
Mrs Z and I are of the opinion that she is a Bit Odd Looking and has poor bone structure.  But that's just being picky; the real problem is that Steven Tyler would pop into your head at inopportune moments  :sick:

BrianI

• Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's Lepidopterist Man!
« Reply #869 on: 28 December, 2010, 09:44:48 pm »
Clash of the Titans.   :hand:

The 1981 Ray Harryhausen version was much better despite the wibbly wobbly stop motion animation! 

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #870 on: 29 December, 2010, 09:58:25 am »
/Because/ of the wobbly wobbly stop-motion animation, surely?

d.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

rogerzilla

« Reply #871 on: 29 December, 2010, 10:32:01 am »
Since I was watching "Brief Encounter" yesterday, here's the rather brilliant Victoria Wood version:  <a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ajC4Az4wscc&rel=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/ajC4Az4wscc&rel=1</a>

Flying_Monkey

« Reply #872 on: 29 December, 2010, 01:52:18 pm »
I saw Time Bandits again yesterday. I was under the impression it was a lot of fun having seen it ages ago, but really it wasn't, it was a big unwieldly dull mess. Like a lot of Gilliam's films really. Give me a proper Ray Harryhausen film instead...

rogerzilla

« Reply #873 on: 29 December, 2010, 06:09:34 pm »
"Up".  And I cried  :'(

Chris S

« Reply #874 on: 29 December, 2010, 06:14:43 pm »
"Up".  And I cried  :'(

Nothing to be ashamed of. So did I.

And now #2 son has learned the theme on the piano...