Author Topic: People who park like fuds  (Read 292848 times)

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
Re: People who park like fuds
« Reply #1325 on: 30 May, 2023, 02:59:37 pm »
You could just put the bin out.  Put the bin out with extreme prejudice.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #1326 on: 30 May, 2023, 03:09:27 pm »
Traffic wardens just turned up to ticket the Fud.  ;D :thumbsup:
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
And another  :thumbsup: just for The Traffic Warden Of Silly Oak.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #1327 on: 30 May, 2023, 03:26:49 pm »

Oh dear, how sad, never mind...

« Reply #1328 on: 30 May, 2023, 03:41:15 pm »
I'd be tempted to Danny MacAskill all over that. With studded tyres.

« Reply #1329 on: 30 May, 2023, 03:41:29 pm »
Have we had this yet ?  Mr Mullins of Pimlico Plumbers....   https://twitter.com/WorldBollard/status/1662903145163309062

Oh, and it's all the fault of those dratted cyclists..."The former boss and founder of the multi-million-pound plumbing empire said he tried to let another car past during traffic chaos caused by closures and diversions in London's West End at the weekend for a cycle race."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12139201/Pimlico-Plumbers-tycoon-Charlie-Mullins-drives-Rolls-Royce-bollard.html

Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

barakta

• Bastard lovechild of Yomiko Readman and Johnny 5
« Reply #1330 on: 30 May, 2023, 03:51:25 pm »
You could just put the bin out.  Put the bin out with extreme prejudice.

Bin literally wouldn't fit and we'd injure ourselves trying >:(

If I'd been in my wheelchair, I'd have been trapped, but equally I'd have called 999 and asked for someone to tow the fucker so there's levels.

I have a nasty feeling it's someone working in the GP or for one of the private companies who set up in the GPs. Neighbour says this is the 2nd time this fud has parked like this. He's removed his angry note now the Traffic Wardens have been thobut...

FUD still there.... So at least 3 if not 4 hours.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #1331 on: 30 May, 2023, 04:05:10 pm »
Shockingly, the car is taxed and MOTed until next April.

« Reply #1332 on: 30 May, 2023, 05:03:36 pm »
Have we had this yet ?  Mr Mullins of Pimlico Plumbers....   https://twitter.com/WorldBollard/status/1662903145163309062

Oh, and it's all the fault of those dratted cyclists..."The former boss and founder of the multi-million-pound plumbing empire said he tried to let another car past during traffic chaos caused by closures and diversions in London's West End at the weekend for a cycle race."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12139201/Pimlico-Plumbers-tycoon-Charlie-Mullins-drives-Rolls-Royce-bollard.html

That'll be spendy to fix.
Oh dear. How sad.........

Cudzoziemiec

« Reply #1333 on: 30 May, 2023, 05:13:39 pm »
I'd be tempted to Danny MacAskill all over that. With studded tyres.
I vaguely remember a tale of someone opening their front door one morning to find a car parked on the pavement right outside their door. This in a house with no garden, where the front door opens directly on to the street. So they put their muddiest boots on and had to do a big jump to get up on to the bonnet, then a couple of steps to reach the edge before climbing down via the wheel arch. I might have been tempted to use the wing mirror.

« Reply #1334 on: 30 May, 2023, 05:26:03 pm »
Traffic wardens just turned up to ticket the Fud.  ;D :thumbsup:

There is a strange tinny noise, what the heck is it?

Oh. A very very very small violin.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

« Reply #1335 on: 30 May, 2023, 06:15:11 pm »

That's what happens to you if you insist upon driving a wholly unsuitable vehicle in an urban environment. He probably couldn't see the bollard over that ludicrously high (and generally ludicrous) front end.
Rust never sleeps

Cudzoziemiec

« Reply #1336 on: 30 May, 2023, 06:24:48 pm »
Is it a rising bollard? It doesn't look like one but I can't see how else the front of the car isn't damaged.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #1337 on: 30 May, 2023, 06:30:10 pm »
That, as followers of the World Bollard Association should know, is a Bell Bollard.  Named after the bell-ends who keep impaling their cars on them.

The front-end damage is presumably represented by the hopefully expensive bit of plastic lying on the ground.  Presumably the car edged slowly onto it as part of a kerb-mounting manoeuvre, and then got stuck.

ETA:  Twatter confirms it:  https://twitter.com/CharlieM_OBE/status/1663196215683473410

« Reply #1338 on: 31 May, 2023, 11:21:14 am »
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

barakta

• Bastard lovechild of Yomiko Readman and Johnny 5
« Reply #1339 on: 31 May, 2023, 02:40:17 pm »
Of course it was an Audi.

For the Twatter-impaired, video showing an Audi-ist plonking his car across the cycle lane and over the crossing including the tactile paving while he saunters to Tesco and back for a drink. Then sits around in his car faffing before doing a dodgy manoeuvre and driving off. A deliverooist on a cycle even sits and waits for a while before carefully wiggling round the crossing.

Twaaaat. I hope the video-er reported it to the plod for a nice ticket given the reg was visible (blurred in vid).

rogerzilla

« Reply #1340 on: 01 June, 2023, 03:04:37 pm »
Drugs, I bet.

meddyg

• 'You'll have had your tea?'
« Reply #1341 on: 07 June, 2023, 06:19:25 pm »

a useful sticker !

Fits in 'Sensible Signs' thread too !

rogerzilla

« Reply #1342 on: 08 August, 2023, 06:47:59 pm »
20230808_183146 by rogerzilla, on Flickr

The wrong sort of fuds drive BMW 1-series.

Paul

• L'enfer, c'est les autos.
« Reply #1343 on: 09 August, 2023, 11:49:09 pm »
Just asking for cleats.
What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

Cudzoziemiec

« Reply #1345 on: 10 August, 2023, 08:53:17 pm »
Well that certainly livened up someone's bus journey!

Tim Hall

• Victoria is my queen
« Reply #1346 on: 12 August, 2023, 08:39:10 am »
Yesterday evening, drove into town and parked in a multi story carpark adjacent to the cinema and a Premier Inn. Walk down to the ground floor to find a queueueueue of cars unable to exit the carpark. This would be because some knob had abandoned his car outside the carpark blocking both the exits and the entrance. Like this:

A window is open on the car and one parking warden is in attendance (amazingly quickly as it only happened in the last few minutes). I suggest taking the handbrake off, but it's one of those electric ones so a no go. A second warden turns up, has a poke around the car and finds paperwork relating to the Premier Inn so heads off that way, only to return soon after saying something about not being able to leave his van. Meanwhile the first warden has applied a ticket. I offer to nip into the Premier Inn. Bound up the stairs to reception, explain that one of their guests has blocked the carpark. The receptionist thinks it's the man she was just dealing with, who was now heading back down in the lift. I bound back down the stairs, beating the lift. By now there's a bit of a crowd by the car. I start the applause as our hero comes into view.
There are two ways you can get exercise out of a bicycle: you can
"overhaul" it, or you can ride it.  (Jerome K Jerome)

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #1347 on: 06 September, 2023, 02:23:48 am »
Multnomah Falls hard by the Mighty Columbia river is a veritable hotbed of Fuddery:

Fud parking #1, Multnomah Falls by Mr Larrington, on Flickr.  Fud in silver Range Rover went in the wrong end of the parking lot and forced his way into a spot someone else had been waiting ten minutes for.  Surprised no-one shot him.

Fud parking #2, Multnomah Falls by Mr Larrington, on Flickr.  Why take up 1.5 parking spaces with your fuddy camper van when you could take up four?

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #1348 on: 10 September, 2023, 02:00:22 am »

Fud parking #3, Battle Mountain Civic Center by Mr Larrington, on Flickr.  Not how this fud doesn't actually occupy any spaces at all, merely parks on the roadway adjacent to them.

rogerzilla