Author Topic: Hardy - 2 steps forward  (Read 1244 times)

Hardy - 2 steps forward
« on: 27 May, 2008, 06:52:49 pm »
Yes it was bound to happen in the learning process and maybe a bug also. I had installed Grub boot manager and followed the instructions to boot into Ubuntu.
But Micro shaft was having none of it. The result was that I had a problem and had to reinstall Hardy which then wouldn't agree with my password. Ruddy 'ell said I but on the basis of, if at first you don't succeed I downloaded Hardy again and installed it successfully.

The result is a more informative  desktop  with a Toshiba icon which gives me all? the important stuff that is on t'other partition. (I think) I do of course have to reinstall other software including Skype plus the Ubuntu updates.

My general feeling is that this latest version is better  so my setback has actually been a step forward :thumbsup: and fingers crossed.
"100% PURE FREAKING AWESOME"

bobajobrob

Re: Hardy - 2 steps forward
« Reply #1 on: 27 May, 2008, 07:19:11 pm »
Sounds like you're on top of it. It's nice to see people getting along with linux even if there are a few hiccups. Dealing with multiple boot managers is always a pain though, so I got rid of windows on my laptop. I can always run it in vmware if I need it.

Re: Hardy - 2 steps forward
« Reply #2 on: 28 May, 2008, 06:07:16 am »
I previously had Xandros installed which never caused any real problems so the ones with Hardy were a little worrying.  However part of this is my learning phase combined with some bugs which now appear to have been sorted, hopefully.

I don't think anyone should be concerned with using Ubuntu Desktop; it is similar to when we learned MS Windows.

And so far completely virus and spyware free which have become a major problem with Microshaft and I.E. Explorer.
"100% PURE FREAKING AWESOME"