Author Topic: Strade Bianche  (Read 2176 times)

Strade Bianche
« on: 04 March, 2023, 12:25:53 pm »
Good finish in the Women's race.  Men start soon. 

https://www.strade-bianche.it/en/
Cycle and recycle.   SS Wilson

TimC

• Old blerk sometimes onabike.
Re: Strade Bianche
« Reply #1 on: 04 March, 2023, 12:32:37 pm »
The men are at 119km to go (12:30). They've been on the road for quite a while! But that was a great finish. I felt for Kristen.

« Reply #2 on: 04 March, 2023, 12:43:38 pm »
How are you following? Website 'follow live' isn't live AFAICS.  Discovery+ men's coverage just started (1/2 way through)

edit

« Reply #3 on: 04 March, 2023, 01:11:53 pm »
GCN - we got a cheap subscription last year.

TimC

« Reply #4 on: 04 March, 2023, 01:16:57 pm »
How are you following?  Website 'follow live' isn't live AFAICS.  Discovery+ men's coverage just started (1/2 way through)

edit

GCN and Tour Tracker app.

« Reply #5 on: 04 March, 2023, 01:21:19 pm »
Ok.  Went for Discovery+ (Eurosport) as has tennis too. Implementation is pants.  Coverage link descriptions not updated, and one has to poke about to find out which stream has commentary...

« Reply #6 on: 04 March, 2023, 01:43:34 pm »
Great scenery from the heli.  :D

« Reply #7 on: 04 March, 2023, 03:45:31 pm »
Amazing.  Great race.

« Reply #8 on: 04 March, 2023, 04:34:21 pm »
Off topic. ITV4 are doing a daily highlights programme for Paris-Nice - starts 6pm Sunday

αdαmsκι

• Instagram @ucfaaay Strava @ucfaaay
  • Look haggard. It sells.
« Reply #9 on: 04 March, 2023, 04:57:09 pm »
Great race. But well the hell was Vatler doing? Brings a small group back to his team mate and then that final chase group of five felt like it had riders from five different groups as the two Jumbo riders (Vatler and Benoot) didn't seem to be helping each other. :facepalm:
What on earth am I doing here on this beautiful day?! This is the only life I've got!!

https://tyredandhungry.wordpress.com/

TimC

« Reply #10 on: 04 March, 2023, 06:18:32 pm »
Ok.  Went for Discovery+ (Eurosport) as has tennis too. Implementation is pants.  Coverage link descriptions not updated, and one has to poke about to find out which stream has commentary...

Yes, I watch GCN via D+ too as that's now free with BT. I used to have Eurosport, and there's actually no difference in the obscure way programmes are labelled! The 'multi audio' ones are usually the non-stop live streams. It can be really hard to find highlights with commentary, as several races simply aren't covered by the GCN team and are only streamed with no English commentary (though you may get interviews). It can be very frustrating! Tour Tracker is an excellent additional source of info, but equally they are quite selective about what they cover and they can't do simultaneous coverage so today, for instance, they had nothing about the women's race.

« Reply #11 on: 04 March, 2023, 06:45:37 pm »
The 'multi-audio' ones are multi-audio. They default to ambient noise, but you can click te speech bubble icon to select which language commentary you want.

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #12 on: 04 March, 2023, 07:14:50 pm »
Just seen the result. I need to watch the highlights of this from the sound of it.

So, is Pidcock the new Philippe Gilbert or what?
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

« Reply #13 on: 04 March, 2023, 09:06:46 pm »
I don't find GCN highlights very good at all - just bits of the race with no linking narative or roundup.
Apparently, they don't have the resouces to put out a better highlights programme, which would need to be produced in a lot of different languages, in a reasonable time scale.
I've just sent husband off to watch the last 51km. :)

ITV4 only need one language
As does S4C...

« Reply #14 on: 04 March, 2023, 10:04:48 pm »