Author Topic: Sun Tour of Australia - Contains spoiler  (Read 1244 times)

Sun Tour of Australia - Contains spoiler
« on: 16 October, 2009, 11:26:45 am »
Wiggo is in yellow with one day to go, and 3 of the top 4 are Garmin riders!  I loved his comment about having a fight to sort out who wins!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/othersports/cycling/6345364/Bradley-Wiggins-takes-yellow-jersey-in-Sun-Tour-of-Australia.html

toekneep

• Its got my name on it.
    • Blog
Re: Sun Tour of Australia - Contains spoiler
« Reply #1 on: 16 October, 2009, 01:15:09 pm »
I've just been looking all over the BBC Sport web site and unfortunately you must have imagined all this as the Sun Tour of Australia doesn't appear to exist.  ::-)

I'm really pleased for Wiggo, I hope they let him have it.

gonzo

« Reply #2 on: 16 October, 2009, 02:03:20 pm »
You've got to love Wiggo's quotes!

From velonews:

The big question, of course is how Garmin will handle the situation. After the stage White, Wiggins and Sutton were each hesitant to say too much until they’d seen the results sheets and spoken amongst themselves. Both riders clearly would like to take the overall win, but also played the diplomatic card, and spoke about riding for the other.

Wiggins said; “We might just have a big punch-up in the carpark and see who comes off best.”

« Reply #3 on: 16 October, 2009, 02:57:07 pm »
I've just been looking all over the BBC Sport web site and unfortunately you must have imagined all this as the Sun Tour of Australia doesn't appear to exist.  ::-)

I'm really pleased for Wiggo, I hope they let him have it.

They have got a link to it now, but it is just a link to the Sun Tour web site, no clue about who is leading (or even which country it is taking place in!)  :-\

Tim

« Reply #4 on: 17 October, 2009, 01:29:46 pm »
Looks like Bradley won the punch-up.

« Reply #5 on: 17 October, 2009, 07:38:47 pm »
Result!  Well done Wiggo!