Author Topic: YACF SR and BAR.  (Read 2042 times)

YACF SR and BAR.
« on: 03 July, 2011, 06:55:33 pm »
We should have a Best All Rounder competition, just like a real club, and add in an SR as a further qualification, and PBP while we are at it.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
Re: YACF SR and BAR.
« Reply #1 on: 03 July, 2011, 07:04:27 pm »
I thought the official take on this sort of thing was one of lack of arsedness?  ;D

billplumtree

• Plumbing the well of gitness
« Reply #2 on: 03 July, 2011, 07:09:48 pm »
I nominate Veronique, my Dave Yates-built audax bike.  She passes the SR and PBP tests, she's toured in the Alps, cycle-camped in Scotland, done gnarly rough-stuff in t'Lakes, does a 46-mile round trip commute regularly - everything except race, so far.

Or was that not what you meant...?

Adam

• It'll soon be summer
    • Charity ride Durness to Dover 18-25th June 2011
« Reply #3 on: 03 July, 2011, 07:47:25 pm »
YACF SR and BAR?

Well, I'm all in favour of a BAR.  I'll have a pint please.
“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving.” -Albert Einstein

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #4 on: 03 July, 2011, 08:13:17 pm »
Not a BBAR? I do hope you're not allowing Johnny Foreigner into this competition.
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
« Reply #5 on: 03 July, 2011, 08:16:31 pm »
I've got a British passport. No problems, right?
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...

« Reply #6 on: 03 July, 2011, 08:35:49 pm »
I've got a British passport. No problems, right?

Thieving Auzzies. Come over here. Stealing our passports.
Give 'em it back! ;D

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
« Reply #7 on: 03 July, 2011, 08:47:27 pm »
You can blame my dad, a ten-pound Pom!
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...

« Reply #8 on: 04 July, 2011, 09:06:27 am »
Posted by: LittleWheelsandBig  Posted on: Yesterday at 08:47:27 PM 

You can blame my dad, a ten-pound Pom!

He was quite a big baby then?

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #9 on: 04 July, 2011, 09:17:12 am »

We should have a Best All Rounder competition, just like a real club, and add in an SR as a further qualification, and PBP while we are at it.

We'd have to organise a split and call it YALDCF first though.
It is simpler than it looks.

mattc

• Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #10 on: 04 July, 2011, 10:37:34 am »

We'd have to organise a split and call it YALDCF first though.
... and then standardise the jersey colour. That'll teach you all for not buying a cream one.
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

« Reply #11 on: 04 July, 2011, 11:03:46 am »
As it stands at present Ian H must be the best placed rider. A decision would have to be made as to 100mile TTs. The 24 Hour Fellowship's long distance BAR includes them, from their lists, the Audax name that stands out is John Connaghan, who was 10th. in 2010.
24 Hour Fellowship - News very few people ride the qualifying 100mile, 12 hour and 24 hour events.
it would be nice to encourage and acknowledge those who do Audax and the long TTs, as the events need a lot of organisational input.

« Reply #12 on: 04 July, 2011, 11:15:12 am »
An honorable mention must go to Toby of this parish who did some 247+ miles in the Welsh CA 12, yesterday. Well done mate!   :thumbsup:

« Reply #13 on: 04 July, 2011, 11:19:41 am »
An honorable mention must go to Toby of this parish who did some 247+ miles in the Welsh CA 12, yesterday. Well done mate!   :thumbsup:

That's a good effort. I have in mind that riders could tie their whole season together by doing a 100.

mattc

• Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #14 on: 04 July, 2011, 11:22:39 am »

24 Hour Fellowship - News very few people ride the qualifying 100mile, 12 hour and 24 hour events.
it would be nice to encourage and acknowledge those who do Audax and the long TTs, as the events need a lot of organisational input.
everyone seems to have different attitudes to the different distances, personally I can't get motivated for the events between 25miles and 24hours. (And I think I prefer 10miles to 25.)

The longer events seem to involve a lot more hassle (as well as suffering), but the 24 has some appeal as a proper (almost Audax-like) adventure. And you can ride slowly enough to eat proper food.

I'd rather ride an Audax than a 100 or a 12h. Maybe I'll be saying something completely different in 5 years time?
Has never ridden RAAM
---------

« Reply #15 on: 04 July, 2011, 11:26:24 am »
50s are actually a good distance for Audax riders, most controls are 50 miles apart after all. Riders from that background wonder what the fuss is about the flat sections of PBP and LEL, as they are ideal for 50 mile TTers.