Author Topic: Ed Blackthorn's Son  (Read 1487 times)

Ed Blackthorn's Son
« on: 11 October, 2017, 12:04:05 am »
I have entered this ride and am looking forward to it but do not have a GPS route file for it.

I have the route sheet from the organiser but at wondering if anyone has a GPS file?

If yes please could you email me a copy - jamesha100 at gmail.com

Thanks  :)

Re: Ed Blackthorn's Son
« Reply #1 on: 11 October, 2017, 06:18:48 am »
One came in an email on 6th October. It was a lone attachment.

« Reply #2 on: 11 October, 2017, 07:32:52 am »
Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I did not get the email on the 6th - have checked my spam folder and not in there either.

I did get the route sheet emails on the 8th.

Is there any chance you could send the route to me at jamesha100@gmail.com

« Reply #3 on: 11 October, 2017, 05:22:14 pm »
Done.

« Reply #4 on: 11 October, 2017, 08:37:28 pm »
Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I did not get the email on the 6th - have checked my spam folder and not in there either.

I did get the route sheet emails on the 8th.

Is there any chance you could send the route to me at jamesha100@gmail.com

Real strange, as exactly the same list was used both times.

where you have a concentration of power in a few hands, all too frequently men with the mentality of gangsters get control. History has proven that. Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely.

« Reply #5 on: 15 October, 2017, 08:42:15 am »
Really enjoyed this ride - picturesque route and great controls as is the norm for Blacksheep rides.

Thanks to Neilp who sent me a copy of the GPS file. The organiser also sent it out again when made aware that I did not receive it so I was well provided for  :).

I did manage to make a navigation error at 60.4 when turning off  the A44 to Lulsley. I took the left hand turn also signposted Lusley just after the main turn and daftly pressed on rather than turning around when I realised my error (by the duck pond). Luckily I had mobile coverage and was able to work out a way to get back on the route (which involved a pretty stiff climb over the hill between the two roads).

All good after that though.

So the event was pitched as a gateway between 100km and 200km audaxes. It did a good job of this and I would be happy to try a 200 given similar weather conditions (not done one for 5+ years). Now looking at Mr. Pickwick's Cymraeg Cyrch on 4th November. Might not be able to do it as may be taking daughter to fireworks display though.

Thanks as always to Mark for organising.

« Reply #6 on: 15 October, 2017, 04:12:37 pm »
Hi Nemesis.

Derek, here. I was riding with you up until the confusion at the Lulsley turnoff.

Yes, it was a most enjoyable ride - although I suffered a little after over-heating when climbing the hill just past the Moon Inn. I met a local who was just out for a gentle ride and he was chatting away (I was just trying to breath!) as we climbed up that hill and I foolishly tried to stay with him. But once I'd recovered at the Cider Mill all was good again.

Look forward to the next one - thanks Mark!

Derek