Author Topic: [HAMR] Donors  (Read 3345 times)

Fidgetbuzz

• L sp MOON. 1st R sp MARS . At X SO sp STARS
[HAMR] Donors
« on: 10 December, 2014, 10:07:44 am »
We have got a page now on the web site, http://oneyeartimetrial.org.uk,  naming donors ( and showing those who are making ongoing payments) - if you would prefer to remain as anon please contact me asap - and we will take your name off the list - and secondly it takes a bit of time to keep  the list up to date  ( I do other things than just help this effort) -- but if you think you have been overlooked - again please get in touch

roger.cortis at gmail.com  ( no spaces)

Roger
I was an accountant until I discovered Audax !!

Re: Donors
« Reply #1 on: 03 January, 2015, 09:51:58 pm »
What about setting up a fundraiser similar to the LEL film? http://www.madegood.org/films/portfolio/london-edinburgh-london-official-film-trailer/
A series of rewards on offer for varying amounts. Top reward, for example, one of the bikes used in the record attempt. Filtering down to smaller less expensive items/experiences.

Fidgetbuzz

« Reply #2 on: 03 January, 2015, 10:15:23 pm »
Interesting idea -- I have no idea whether the bikes from Raleigh are a gift to Steve or lent to him - maybe even when he breaks the record Raleigh might want them for publicity purposes.

Filed away for thought - but at the moment there is a lot going on -- with AUK members in particular  really getting behind Steve with very generous support.

Thx for the idea.
Roger

Martin

« Reply #3 on: 04 January, 2015, 04:08:35 pm »
To raise funds for Steve and also get peeps out on their bikes I'll be donating all surplus (after AUK admin fee) from ECE's to the attempt  :thumbsup:

3peaker

• RRTY Mad 42 up
« Reply #4 on: 04 January, 2015, 06:44:57 pm »
To raise funds for Steve and also get peeps out on their bikes I'll be donating all surplus (after AUK admin fee) from ECE's to the attempt  :thumbsup:

I have thoughts to use (some of) excess from my Calendar events to support TG. Otherwise CTC gains, so see what local Committee says. Already have 25 entries for Flyer.
What about setting up a fundraiser similar to the LEL film? http://www.madegood.org/films/portfolio/london-edinburgh-london-official-film-trailer/
A series of rewards on offer for varying amounts. Top reward, for example, one of the bikes used in the record attempt. Filtering down to smaller less expensive items/experiences.

When I was loaned a bike back in 1980 for my 3Peaks ride, Peugeot offered to sell me the bike (+ loads of clothing) for £50. I ensured there were publicity shots for Comic/etc; I am pretty sure Raleigh will have no problem releasing the bike(s) for a nominal sum. Currently he is riding a 631-framed Raleigh with Sora gearing m/gs and carrying rear rackbag, so not the lightest; nice tubeless wheels though. Hope they provide a Carbon frame for when the weather improves! It will buy more miles or more sleep. (NB, met TG in Bicester on NYD for late lunch; Steve had ridden 176 miles cf my 95km on a 200km Perm.)

SteveP

Promoting : Cheltenham Flyer 200, Cider with Rosie 150, Character Coln 100.

thing1

• aka Joth
    • TandemThings
« Reply #5 on: 04 January, 2015, 07:29:39 pm »
Interesting idea -- I have no idea whether the bikes from Raleigh are a gift to Steve or lent to him - maybe even when he breaks the record Raleigh might want them for publicity purposes.

Filed away for thought - but at the moment there is a lot going on -- with AUK members in particular  really getting behind Steve with very generous support.

Thx for the idea.
Roger

I was thinking a bit on variations on this..
It maybe that mid-year-ish, and/or when you can see you have grass roots funding to see through to the end of the year, setting up a campaign with a designated charity on gofundme.com or similar could go a very long way. Could do something like "90% of all donations go to <charity X>, remainder goes to the Steve recovery fund". I wonder if there's some way to set something like this up and still get the charity gift aid benefit.

3peaker

• RRTY Mad 42 up
« Reply #6 on: 14 January, 2015, 12:48:41 pm »
Just heard the term “Crowd Funding” with regard to a lunar project. That is exactly what we (Audax –Friends of Steve Abraham) are doing with “oneyeartimetrial”. I, for one, am proud to be helping in my small way; no matter what Steve achieves, our ‘Team Spirit’ should be an inspiration to all sports folk.
SteveP

Fidgetbuzz

« Reply #7 on: 14 January, 2015, 12:54:50 pm »
Funding is going very well - there have been about 400 donors - about 300 one off gifts and about 100 going for monthly standing orders. While there can be no certainty about exactly how much the year is going to cost -- at the moment I am really quite hopeful that at no time am I going to have to say to Steve -- funds are a bit tight -- can you eat less !!  Roger

« Reply #8 on: 14 January, 2015, 09:08:53 pm »
Funding is going very well - there have been about 400 donors - about 300 one off gifts and about 100 going for monthly standing orders. While there can be no certainty about exactly how much the year is going to cost -- at the moment I am really quite hopeful that at no time am I going to have to say to Steve -- funds are a bit tight -- can you eat less !!  Roger

funds shorts are a bit tight -- can you eat less!!  It's a fine balance!

« Reply #9 on: 14 January, 2015, 09:31:43 pm »
;D :thumbsup:
DJR (Dave Russell) now retired. Carbon Beone parts bin special retired to turbo trainer, Brompton broken, as was I, Whyte Suffolk dismantled and sold. Now have Mason Definition and Orbea M20i.

3peaker

• RRTY Mad 42 up
« Reply #10 on: 14 January, 2015, 10:59:32 pm »

I have thoughts to use (some of) excess from my Calendar events to support TG. Otherwise CTC gains, so see what local Committee says. Already have 25 entries for Flyer.

We have just had a local CTC Branch Comm Mtg. Agreed to direct some excess funds from my events to sponsor Steve. So that could/should see injects in March and late June. Surely, we cannot see Steve pack for want of a meal!
SteveP

Fidgetbuzz

« Reply #11 on: 14 January, 2015, 11:03:38 pm »
Thx for the promise - looking forward to see what turns up in due course. Direct to "my" bank is the cheapest for Steve.  Roger

3peaker

• RRTY Mad 42 up
« Reply #12 on: 18 January, 2015, 02:40:33 am »
This will be the Ride that Audax made (Funding and Support Team)! I hope the press recognise that as Steve's total climbs and the 'Cycling World' get the measure of the man.
SteveP