General Category > Freewheeling

Stolen Brompton

(1/5) > >>

Jurek:
Not sure where to put this, so for the moment it's in here.

A couple of my friends who have Bromptons (as well as other bikes) got married recently.
As a wedding prezzie, I gave them a pair ot TiGr Titanium D-locks.
Last night in Bermondsey, one of the Bromptons was stolen and an attempt was made on the other.
I'm not going to comment on why Bromptons were left locked up outside....
However, note that the thieves weapon of choice for cutting the locks was a blow torch.
Be careful out there, people.

Little Jim:
Commiserations, that is annoying to say the least.

When you say that they cut the locks with a "blow torch" do you mean one of the propane powered jobs that a plumber would use rather than an oxyacetylene cutter? 

Jurek:
I don't know - I wasn't given more details than that.
I can't see a propane torch generating enough heat to cut titanium.

quixoticgeek:

--- Quote from: Jurek on 17 September, 2020, 01:59:24 pm ---I don't know - I wasn't given more details than that.

--- End quote ---

Seems a bit over kill given that a decent quality hacksaw will go through those locks just fine.

Half the point of a Brompton is you can fold it up and store it inside safely. Why on earth would you lock it up anywhere?!?!?

J

Jurek:

--- Quote from: quixoticgeek on 17 September, 2020, 02:00:47 pm ---
--- Quote from: Jurek on 17 September, 2020, 01:59:24 pm ---I don't know - I wasn't given more details than that.

--- End quote ---

Seems a bit over kill given that a decent quality hacksaw will go through those locks just fine.

Half the point of a Brompton is you can fold it up and store it inside safely. Why on earth would you lock it up anywhere?!?!?

J

--- End quote ---

I've been asking myself the same question....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version