Author Topic: What is a postcard finish & other Q's  (Read 3289 times)

What is a postcard finish & other Q's
« on: 13 March, 2011, 05:53:35 pm »
My first Audax is the Double Dutch. I understand there will be no manned checkpoints, but I really don't know what is to be provided as proof off passage or arrival at checkpoints.
I'm dreading the 'didn't anyone explain', or 'you've not done this before have you' replies. 
My blog.... www.smilerbiker.blogspot.co.uk

'Pick it up and run'

frankly frankie

• I kid you not
    • Fuchsiaphile
Re: What is a postcard finish & other Q's
« Reply #1 on: 13 March, 2011, 06:03:32 pm »
You just have to forage for proof of passage.  The Organiser will probably expect to see a till receipt from a convenience store or garage, or an ATM slip, something like that, for each control location.  These are examples of things that hopefully will have the (correct) location and the (correct) date and time printed on them.  If you can find somewhere with a rubber stamp, so much the better of course, but from what I've observed people don't usually waste time even asking for such a thing - just go for the quick'n'easy till slip option.

I assume a postcard finish means there will be no finish controller, so you would have to obtain proof of passage as above, then post your card with all PoP's to the Organiser at the address provided.
when you're dead you're done, so let the good times roll

Ray 6701

• SO @ T
    • Tamworth cycling club
« Reply #2 on: 13 March, 2011, 06:06:09 pm »
All you will need to do is obtain some form of proof of passage at each control town usually either a till receipt or atm receipt.

Edit: What Frankie said  :thumbsup:
SR 2010/11/12/13/14/15
RRTY. PBP. LeJoG 1400. LEL.

« Reply #3 on: 13 March, 2011, 06:13:45 pm »
I assume a postcard finish means there will be no finish controller, so you would have to obtain proof of passage as above, then post your card with all PoP's to the Organiser at the address provided

Ah good as simple as that.
My blog.... www.smilerbiker.blogspot.co.uk

'Pick it up and run'

Martin

« Reply #4 on: 13 March, 2011, 06:20:12 pm »
yes; but don't do it there and then; make sure you make copies of everything before you commit it to the Royal Mail; and yes any receipt showing the location is fine.

hopefully all unnecessary as I'm hoping for a Pubbe finish control so just hand it all in to Mine Helper:)

frankly frankie

• I kid you not
    • Fuchsiaphile
« Reply #5 on: 13 March, 2011, 06:31:57 pm »
There'll always be someone who posts the card back anyway.  :facepalm:
2 weeks later  :facepalm: :facepalm:
when you're dead you're done, so let the good times roll